leather seats

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
mini paul

leather seats

Post by mini paul »

Hi all just a quick question,i have a cavalier 1.8gl 1996 and want to get leather seats from and back.Question is will they fit right into my cav without any problems???
Cavalier342

Re: leather seats

Post by Cavalier342 »

If it's from a Cavalier, then yes they should fit in fine.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

As said above they're just a straight swap if they're from a mk3, if you want to make use of the heated elements, you probably also have the wiring there with it being a 1996 car.
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
mini paul

Post by mini paul »

my cav is a hatch and the seats are from a saloon,my cav has the 2 sections of the bench seat and the leather one is a 1 piece bench seat.My cav has 2 brackets per seat with removable pins,the leather one from the saloon has a pull cord im told???
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

I forgot about turbo seats.... those rear seats wont fit without alot of modification, they're from a Cavalier Turbo by the sounds of it, they wont fit due to being for a different rear suspension setup, leather seats from a Diplomat or CDX will fit directly, 60/40 split rear seats.

mini paul

Post by mini paul »

It says in the add that there out of Diplomat or CDX,just asked and guy said he took them out a GSI.So what your saying is that if the bench seat has 2 pull straps to release it then they wont fit?I have no idea lol.
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

mini paul wrote:It says in the add that there out of Diplomat or CDX,just asked and guy said he took them out a GSI.So what your saying is that if the bench seat has 2 pull straps to release it then they wont fit?I have no idea lol.
basically they wont fit unless you modify the rear bases from your old seats and swap the leather and foam over for the rear seat parts, although it might not be as straight foreward as that, they've basically come from a cav with a 4x4 rear floor

HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

The backs of tim Sels seats will fit. But you need to use the bracket from your original. Most people just lay the bench down. The rear seats from cdx/ diplomat often come up cheap on ebay.
C30XE
mini paul

Post by mini paul »

Ok lads thanks for the help so far,think ill just put a post on asking if anyone got some leather or even better quality cloth than whats in my gl house brick seats.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

IRS rear seats won't fit a non-IRS car and vice versa.