two very deep dents from stones thrown at door

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
ed2

two very deep dents from stones thrown at door

Post by ed2 »

As my x20xev cav 95 is parked up, any ideas on the cost of a good standard of body repair for diamond black?

While the car is parked up SORN someone has stood next to it and thrown two stones at the rear passenger door and done so very hard, to dent the door deeply for an inch around the point of each the two impacts.

One stone hit the rear passenger door up high, to the rear of the pasenger window, on the metal between the rear passenger door window and the rear quarter light window

The other stone hit centre of the panel about six inches below the rear passenger iwindow

As I cannot dirve the car for a quote has anyone any ideas of the cost to repair to a decent shiny finish? It is a black CDX and he overall image is quite good.
TurboDan

Re: two very deep dents from stones thrown at door

Post by TurboDan »

150 plus vat per panel or 250 plus vat for both for a wet repair in a bodyshop.

Or if its not marked then about 50 per panel for a cold metal repair(dent man)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Diamond Black is a very common colour for Cavaliers so you could always consider a complete door from a breaker/donor vehicle. Check eBay etc, I don't suppose you'd pay more than twenty quid a door.
ed2

Post by ed2 »

thanks both posts are very helpful.

not many breakers where i live have cavaliers. what breakers is the best for cavaliers ? thanks
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

ed2 wrote:thanks very helpful.

not many breakers where i live have cavaliers. what breakers is the best for cavaliers ? thanks
Where do you live ? Stick it on your profile might help. There's Vauxhall spares in Ashford, Kent.