How2 - Heater / Blower Speed Control Not Working?

An index of useful guides designed to help you care for and maintain your Mk3 Cavalier

Moderator: Robsey

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

How2 - Heater / Blower Speed Control Not Working?

Post by Envoy CDX »

All credit for this how2 to be given to MaxOnVaux!

There has been a few threads and posts about members that are having problems with the heater/blower speed control...with the blower not working until the control is on full or position 3.

I myself had this problem with the old LS that i had...the blower didn't work until setting 3 which only blew as if it was on 1 and then on setting 4 it was full blast.

The problem is the ceramic resistor on the blower motor itself under the scuttle panel as I've just replaced mine and i now have a fully functioning heater

Here's how to sort it...

Lift up the plastic scuttle panel under the bonnet and you will see a light green 'thing'(the resistor) sitting next to the motor with a black plug on the top...unplug this plug and gently push the two tall clips on the left towards each other,one is tricky due to a nut but can be freed with light pressure from a screwdriver...wiggle it abit and the resistor then slides up and off...get one from a scrappy for not much money at all(mine cost 50p with some other bits ) and swap em over!

Job Done!
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
ky-sri

Re: Heater / Blower Speed Control Not Working?

Post by ky-sri »

i had the same trouble wiv mine it would only work on 3 & 4 i just changed the swith itself & it solved the problem :D :D
Image ky-sri