My current legs

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's brakes and suspension here
Yanayaya

My current legs

Post by Yanayaya »

I've been on a journey of discover with my front legs. I have two sets one set is on the car with the springs in place etc and the other is in my workshop ready to have new bearings pressed in and be used as a swap over. When I checked the part numbers on the back of both sets of legs (which was hard considering they were nearly worn smooth) they are 90334224 and 90334223. I couldn't find this in the EPC at all but after some investigation I've found out that those part numbers are for legs that belong to a C20NE/C20XE

The actual turbo part numbers are 90447951 and 90447950.

Does anyone know of there is any difference between the legs? Remember I've been running with these legs for as long as I've owned the car (so 9 years) and never noticed an issue. I know for a fact they are the same length but I was wondering if there were any other differences I should be aware of?

:thumb
Rage

Re: My current legs

Post by Rage »

and/or the spring cup diameter i.e are the turbo springs a bigger diameter than 8v springs? obviously not an answer but if you have access to measure its something i would look at
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Yanayaya

Post by Yanayaya »

After looking around a bit more it appears it might just be the hub.
Yanayaya

Post by Yanayaya »

I called Autovaux for conformation and well they can't find those numbers either all they know is my car is early type and the legs were superseded.
The wheel bearings I have been supplied are 39x74x39 where as the earlier bearings where 39x72x37 so I'll have to try and get them fitted and see how it goes.
planetc

Post by planetc »

I would be tempted to measure the space between the circlip grooves on the legs first to make sure they fit and the hub diameter possibly. Something is going to be different looking at the measurements.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

The 4stud and 5 stud legs are definatly differant, the bearing size is differant.
Yanayaya

Post by Yanayaya »

TurboDan wrote:The 4stud and 5 stud legs are definatly differant, the bearing size is differant.

Yup as per my above post here are the sizes:

39 x 74 x 39 <--What I've been supplied that doesn't fit.
39 x 72 x 37 <- What I now need to buy.
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

Have you found some 39 x 72 x 37 bearings?
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'