vectra engine

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
steven240374

vectra engine

Post by steven240374 »

Hi just wondered if a 2.5 v6 engine from a vectra fit into a cavvie with box and looms and drivshafts thanks
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: vectra engine

Post by Robsey »

Do you know what engine type it is ? such as C25XEV etc.

It will be mainly down to engine mount locations and format as to whether it will go in.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

engine shouldn't be an issue but you will need to mess about with the engine mount on the drivers side as its a different setup.
Box and shafts i wouldnt bother with (different fitments on the shafts and hydrolic clutch setup on the box) use an f25 and the cav driveshafts.
Loom shouldnt be an issue but it wont plug directly in, as the loom connector is in the engine bay rather than in cabin like the cavs

Tbh id just get a cav v6 and have done.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

As a quick check, here are the compatibilities for Vx 2.5 engines

C25LET - Calibra

C25NE - Calibra

C25XE - Calibra and Cavalier

X25XE - Calibra, Omega-B and Vectra-B

25NE - Senator.

Didn't go any newer (Vectra-C etc due to need for too many modules etc and CAN system)
branny361

Post by branny361 »

Gaz wrote:engine shouldn't be an issue but you will need to mess about with the engine mount on the drivers side as its a different setup.
Box and shafts i wouldnt bother with (different fitments on the shafts and hydrolic clutch setup on the box) use an f25 and the cav driveshafts.
Loom shouldnt be an issue but it wont plug directly in, as the loom connector is in the engine bay rather than in cabin like the cavs

Tbh id just get a cav v6 and have done.

Robsey wrote:As a quick check, here are the compatibilities for Vx 2.5 engines

C25LET - Calibra

C25NE - Calibra

C25XE - Calibra and Cavalier

X25XE - Calibra, Omega-B and Vectra-B

25NE - Senator.

Didn't go any newer (Vectra-C etc due to need for too many modules etc and CAN system)

Anoraks :lol:

whoops I ment.. really helpful anoraks :thumb
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
Squig

Post by Squig »

realistically after all the hassle I'd go with Gaz' suggestion, but if you insist on a swap then source a cav v6 (c25xe) over a vectra v6 (x25xe), also the plenum is majority different so a cav variant is preferable as vectra has extra inlets blah blah, ianv6 has done some work there might be worth an ask.

So in a roundabout way you can use a vec lump but change the plenum/inlets and gearbox to cav items.

Overall find a high spec v6 cdx and get heated seats and al-sorts else, in addition to the rather pleasant v6.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

branny361 wrote:
Anoraks :lol:

whoops I meant.. really helpful anoraks :thumb
It does help to have access to TIS and EPC....

Can't help trying to be helpful :ugeek:

The problem is that Squig and Gaz know this stuff... :o

I have to look it up and report back :(
Squig

Post by Squig »

Sorry fella but having owned the v6 for over 3 years and stripped mine down a billion times, the x30xe and a x25xe, you indelibly burn the info into your brain... :lol:

None of the above was looked up on EPC or TIS. I'm quite sad... Incidentally I see no reason why the CANbus (crap system) v6's can't be run on a standard wiring loom with custom ECU (Megasquirt, Emerald, etc)... anyone fancy donating me a 2.8 v6 turbo so I can test the theory? :lol:
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome