Window regulator

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
tom50

Window regulator

Post by tom50 »

Will a window regulator for a Vectra B fit my Cav the part number is 90512644 As i don't want to be buying a new one with motor that i do not need as it is working fine, just the regulator is knackered the front of the window drops down unless i hold it as i close it can't see what has happened as the inner part of the door skin is blocking my view but i'll take a guess that the plastic guide has worn or the pin that it sits on maybe it can be fixed ,
tom50

Re: Window regulator

Post by tom50 »

I have found the guides online just over £5 each So it maybe a case of repairing it, instead of a new /replacement regulator the correct part number for the regulator without the motor is 90487557 for my car based on the chassis number
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Might be one of the rivets has broken off and causing the front of the window to fall down, on it's way up.
tom50

Post by tom50 »

When i had the interior cover off the door i only noticed the rivets that were near the motor looking at pictures of the part there only looks to be 4 rivets holding it they are quite close to each other and secure the main bulk of the regulator to the inner door metal work 2 at either end , Or did you mean the pins that hold the plastic guides in place ? if so, maybe removing the remainder of the pin, and replacing with a bolt of similar size would be a way of repairing it ? I suppose it would depend on how the white plastic guides are secured to the pins

Jobs like this are a pain , when you cannot tell what is the cause without removing it

Here is an advertised regulator said to be the part number i need https://imgur.com/Ghei5RO
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

The honest answer, is I don't know if it would. Would need to measure it up and compare to the original. The door sizes is similar at least
and it looks very similar. Not sure about nuts and bolts - not unless you use some lock-tight.as they will likely rattle loose over time.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

This is an old thread, but according to EPC, with or without the regulator motor, the part number quoted will NOT fit a Cavalier.
Vectra-B right side only.

Interestingly, the glass is tipped-up during the removal process, so it could have been something as simple as an insecure glass mount fixture.

As the thread is four months old, I presume the o.p. has either solved the window issue, or sold / scrapped the car.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

tom50 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:05 pm When i had the interior cover off the door i only noticed the rivets that were near the motor looking at pictures of the part there only looks to be 4 rivets holding it they are quite close to each other and secure the main bulk of the regulator to the inner door metal work 2 at either end , Or did you mean the pins that hold the plastic guides in place ? if so, maybe removing the remainder of the pin, and replacing with a bolt of similar size would be a way of repairing it ? I suppose it would depend on how the white plastic guides are secured to the pins

Jobs like this are a pain , when you cannot tell what is the cause without removing it

Here is an advertised regulator said to be the part number i need https://imgur.com/Ghei5RO
The white plastic guides are just snap on like a little ball joint. Can lever them off with pair of pliers or some sort of interior removal lever with the fork like end.
tom50

Post by tom50 »

cavalier1990 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:13 pm
tom50 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:05 pm When i had the interior cover off the door i only noticed the rivets that were near the motor looking at pictures of the part there only looks to be 4 rivets holding it they are quite close to each other and secure the main bulk of the regulator to the inner door metal work 2 at either end , Or did you mean the pins that hold the plastic guides in place ? if so, maybe removing the remainder of the pin, and replacing with a bolt of similar size would be a way of repairing it ? I suppose it would depend on how the white plastic guides are secured to the pins

The white plastic guides are just snap on like a little ball joint. Can lever them off with a pair of pliers or some sort of interior removal lever with the fork like end.
I got some new guides, but the metal pin will not come out, they by the look of it are supposed to fix in to the reg mechanism pain in the butt, But fortunately the old one was at the bottom of the door, clipped back on, adjusted the window guide so there wasn't as much resistance and itr's been ok since