Need to pick your brains

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

joe cavalier sri

Need to pick your brains

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Hi im due to put some boddies on my xe which was off troys cav xe now troy said if I modifiy the xe loom to work with the injector wires coming off the boddies the mototronic ecu I have would learn to run the injectors the injectors and boddies are off a Honda cbr 900 motorbike just wondering what u guys know and if the mototronic ecu would learn the ecu is off a 1990 cav gsi 4x4 running a xe. :scratch

planetc

Re: Need to pick your brains

Post by planetc »

Motronic will learn fuelling and adjust within reason. Troy will have done his homework and if he is of the opinion that it will be usable in this form then I would imagine he's right.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Just need the wireing diagrams for a Honda cbr 900 motorbike cant find a good one on net ?
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

What do you need a diagram for the injectors, change plugs to suit the blackbirds injectors. Pretty sure the injectors arnt polarity dependant. Modify the bracket and arm to fit the tps.
The idle control can be manually adjusted. Motronic probably won't like this so 4 outlet from the aluminium manifold will need nipples fed to a manifold where the icv feeds.
All pipes and need to be exactly the same length the nipples need to be exactly the same distance from the intake work it to work correct
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.