X20XEV TO A Z20LET CAN IT BE DONE ???

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

hi ive got a mk3 cav 1994 and was wondering if i could fit a z20let into it ? if so how much work and what would i need to do ?
Gaz

Re: X20XEV TO A Z20LET CAN IT BE DONE ???

Post by Gaz »

You can but tbh its less work to put a c20let in.
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

as above much easier with a c20let, z20let is fly by wire so theres 1 issue to overcome there are otheres

that said anything is doable
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Anything can be done with the time, bits, knowledge and money.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
joe cavalier sri

well ive saved up 8 grand so is that enuf ? and most c20lets r fudgery or been rebuilt that many times i cant count on my hands ive always been a ecotec person had gsi pies car gsi pie is a member on here the cav gsi 2000 4x4 got rid of it cos our lass was pregnant and needed money so ive had both redtop and ecotec ecotecs are cheaper and underrated at end of day z20lets are more plentyfull and parts are cheaper ive done my resarch on parts ive got the cav sri eco and the z20let engine so does any one know of any company or things i can do to keep cost down on transplant will my brakes be ok to stop me etc cheerz
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

why the hell do you want to spend 8 grand on a cavalier really?

8k is a figure not quite enough to be totally unstoppable but quicker than most performance cars. Paying someone means your with 8k your probably going to get about 4k in parts and a 4k bill for doing it.

Why not buy a really mint turbo for 4 or 5k and then spend the rest on getting pissed.
blackv6

Post by blackv6 »

hope you do this it would defo shift

scott
joe cavalier sri

8grand is what i want to spend on a old cavalier as its in black totally original apart from alloys would cav v6 brakes do it as i think i may have found a company that will do the transfer of engines and of course i will lower it 60mm but keep it looking as standard as i can everyone keeps going on about redtop turbos i dont want a redtop turbo they are heavyer than sri older than sri thrashed with a inch of its life and the 4x4 system fudgery up all the time gsi pie whos on here thats got my old cav gsi 2000 4x4 has just fudgery his transfer box up and that was lockd up by mikehayward locking kit c20lets are dated and try and pic one up z20lets are plentyfull and quite cheap so does anyone know of any advice on this b4 i start spending cheerz
Attachments
thats my baby
thats my baby
joe cavalier sri

or what abou turboing the x20xev engine ive got in it the z20let is bassicly the same engine but with a turbo someone said use the x20xev head and use the z20let block and turbo ? any ideas cheers
rustyarches

Post by rustyarches »

i saw that cav on ebay,
Rustyarches vauxhall make them and i break them. cars owned 40+cavaliers,8 calibras, 3 astras, 2 novas, 1 fontera, 2 carltons, 1 senator, 1 omega, 1 corsa , 3 vectras,
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

funny enough i was goint to buy tha for the GF as a daily for her lol
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

joe cavalier sri wrote:or what abou turboing the x20xev engine ive got in it the z20let is bassicly the same engine but with a turbo someone said use the x20xev head and use the z20let block and turbo ? any ideas cheers

Firstly nice cav get some more pics up second ring regal autosport they do a bolt on turbo kit for the x20xev!
[center]Image
[/center]
joe cavalier sri

i paid nothing for the cav i swopd it for a 1.4 golf that was fudgery but the lad who i swoped it with was a mechanic so that was no problems for him back arches need attention but thats about it and the famous abs light isnt on i did a ecu read and it came up all clear the abs works as ive tested it i think its a first for a cav for the abs to be working lol gsi pie did you get the abs sorted on the gsi of urez what i ownd and the fuel warning light ? ill give regal auto sport a ring laterz what about the brakes though cos if i fit a turbo wont they need to be upgraded ? cheerz
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

i put a bulb in the petrol light lol

and the ABS did work til i pulled the fuse out as i dont like ABS with massive 4 pots brakes it feels strange :cool
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
rustyarches

Post by rustyarches »

are you keeping the f-18 box or are you going to get a f-28,if u put a z20let in it. £8000 you could by a astra vxr,,
Rustyarches vauxhall make them and i break them. cars owned 40+cavaliers,8 calibras, 3 astras, 2 novas, 1 fontera, 2 carltons, 1 senator, 1 omega, 1 corsa , 3 vectras,
joe cavalier sri

dont relli know about teh gear boxes if i could get away with turboing my x20xev ill keep the same gear box but will a cav turbo 6 speed box fit my x20xev ?
joe cavalier sri

and the thing is i love cavs i dont want a astra vxr i like my mk3 cavs sri they are getting rare and they turn heads still you dont see them on the road that often where as astra vxrs are common as dog poo im oldskool my dad had a cav gsi and my sri turns young heads and older heads and commands alot of respect im keeping the cav and im going to be buried in it when i die lol cheers
rustyarches

Post by rustyarches »

ive seen turbo kits on ebay, if u want a f-28 u will need a cabel operated 1, box should bolt on, ask gsi pie he knows all about gear boxes..,..
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

a f28's will bolt on no probs as people bolt f18's on to redtop etc :thumb
joe cavalier sri

so what would be the best gear box for it my turbod x20xev ? is the z20let block the same as the x20xev one ? cheerz
joe cavalier sri

also is all the mounting points the same on the gear boxes ? and blocks ? cheerz agen ladz checking stuff ou b4 i start spending lol
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

dont know bout the z20lets never played around with them tbh

you'd be fine with a f20 tbh

people will say the f28s are hard work, as they getting on these days they start to crunch n wine etc

but depending on waht BHP you go the f20 would be fine imo
joe cavalier sri

ok no worries does anyone on here know anything about z20lets ? cheerz
rustyarches

Post by rustyarches »

how much bhp do you want from the z20let???
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

you can 500bhp for a let if you have pennies :)