what would this do to a standard clet

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's mechanical components (engine, transmission, turbochargers etc.) here
joe cavalier sri

what would this do to a standard clet

Post by joe cavalier sri »

What would this do to a standard clet with uprated intercooler cheers

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14975
Ads

Re: what would this do to a standard clet

Post by Ads »

probably take it up tp around 300bhp and 350 lbs of torque, with about 12psi of boost, plus you would need uprated plugs , possibly adjustable FPR, and maybe a wideband to make sure its all running ok,, a standard let in decent condition should take 300 bhp ok
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

What's your definition of 'standard'? Do you mean stock pistons and rods? If so, you'll still want to consider an enlarged intercooler, plugs, leads, an adjustable fpr, injectors, a wideband, afr gauge, and a chipped ECU to manage the fuelling.
joe cavalier sri

I mean totally bog standard c20let sorry to sound thick but can you elaborate on what you mean by this (an adjustable fpr, injectors, a wideband, afr gauge, and a chipped ECU to manage the fuelling) What fpr and afr would you use sorry and what chip for ecu would you use on the standard c20let ecu or an independent ecu ? And samr for injectors what would you use sorry its a lot of money so I want it doing right with the right stuff first time if you get me ? Cheers
You mean this afr
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-MTX- ... 23416759c3
And for fpr
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malpassi-S13- ... 1c503e7c11
joe cavalier sri

joe cavalier sri wrote:I mean totally bog standard c20let sorry to sound thick but can you elaborate on what you mean by this (an adjustable fpr, injectors, a wideband, afr gauge, and a chipped ECU to manage the fuelling) What fpr and afr would you use sorry and what chip for ecu would you use on the standard c20let ecu or an independent ecu ? And samr for injectors what would you use sorry its a lot of money so I want it doing right with the right stuff first time if you get me ? Cheers
You mean this afr
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-MTX- ... 23416759c3
And for fpr
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malpassi-S13- ... 1c503e7c11
I know its a lot to ask but I don't want to spend money and it be the wrong items if you could get me links to what you would use please injectors ecu etc cheers :thumb
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

That FPR is geared up for a 200SX fuel rail. You want an adjustable FPR (and ideally a gauge), something like a Cossie Weber, but also an adaptor for a C20LET fuel rail. Injectors: Astra VXR or Saab reds. ECU: EDS Phase 2+ or VMAXX Evo 5 chips on standard ECU (unless going standalone) etc. That should see you hit 300bhp no bother, although you'll also want to invest in a free-flowing exhaust system and a high-flow fuel pump.
Ads

Post by Ads »

I have a let in my cav turbo, it has standard internals, (piston , rods etc), but I have larger intercooler, adjustable FPR, uprated fuel pump, vxr injectors, larger oil cooler, evo 5 chips in the ecu, a wideband gauge, and I'm in the process of fitting a scroll manifold and a g28 turbo, so as you see it can get a bit expensive when you go along the more power route, Ads
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Even a C20let with some phase 2 chips, nice exhaust, decent spark plugs/air filter, up the fuel preasure (3.5 barIIRC) and you will have a very quick FWD cav. It will be more than enough
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

And still very reliable too. Probably uprate the 20 year old fuel pump too just to be on the safe side.
joe cavalier sri

Ok sound lads thank you for the advice at least I know what to start looking for to get it running I've picked up a 86 thou clet with paperwork to prove last mot sheet matches millage and all numbers match on block just have to travel to ends of earth to get it so mite turn It into a weekend out treat the wife lol
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

joe cavalier sri wrote:Ok sound lads thank you for the advice at least I know what to start looking for to get it running I've picked up a 86 thou clet with paperwork to prove last mot sheet matches millage and all numbers match on block just have to travel to ends of earth to get it so mite turn It into a weekend out treat the wife lol
What better treat than a trip to collect a LET?! :lol:
joe cavalier sri

humbucker wrote:
joe cavalier sri wrote:Ok sound lads thank you for the advice at least I know what to start looking for to get it running I've picked up a 86 thou clet with paperwork to prove last mot sheet matches millage and all numbers match on block just have to travel to ends of earth to get it so mite turn It into a weekend out treat the wife lol
What better treat than a trip to collect a LET?! :lol:
The wife is getting a burger king lol If she lucky ill let the wife drive back I'm kind like that :thumb