flyer distribution

Taken note of a Mk3 Cavalier on your travels? We'd love to hear about it!
brettscav

flyer distribution

Post by brettscav »

i am sure i am gonna get arrested soon for fly posting cavs in essex. feel like a right anorak and my other half hate it. a supply is in both of our cars now and the kids have clear instructions waht to do if i am not there......... put flyers on 3 this weekend in braintree essex. anyone got any tips for putting the flyers on without losing all dignity and gaining a huge anorak lol....... still gotta spread the word coz cavs are dying out fast........... :oops:
current: white 1991 H 1.8GL saloon; Blue 1993 L 1.8LS saloon

prev 1994 M 1.8LS, 1992 J 2.0GL, 1985 B 1.6GL, 1982 Y 1.6GL, 1979 V 1.6GL
and she wanted a mondeo.....................
Gaz

Re: flyer distribution

Post by Gaz »

Just stick then on, just be really confident doing it all sheepishly makes you look more suspicious.

Walk up, lift wiper, place flyer, walk off head held high for a job well done.
brettscav

Post by brettscav »

ive done five now. lol

carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Dont think your sad for doing it, your raising awareness of the forum and inviting people to join, so what if people think your an anorak, chances are they either have a hobby which could be seen as sad by others or they sit on there arses all day.

Im 28 years old, i have a RC tamiya BMW M3 schnitzer (1991 origional release shell), Tamiya lunchbox, Tamiya RC truck and trailer (cost nigh on a £1000 with optional extra's) RC helicopter and a hovercraft. I also have around 200 - 300 diecast models of varying ages and have recently started collecting certain lego sets (tow truck etc). I can also sew pretty well and am a dab hand at cross stitch.

Now most chaps would agree that certain items are pretty interesting and reasonable. Others however think its sad that i collect toys, but when that collection in there boxes is worth £3000 - £4000+ im pretty sure id have the last laugh.

Its a hobby, wether its a full size cars or model cars, its personal choice and if it makes you happy, do it, theres no wrong or harm in it.

So carry on doing what your doing!
"Redefining success since 1981"
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Totally agree!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

good on ya!
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
andysri

Post by andysri »

damn right!!!
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs
brettscav

Post by brettscav »

that will be three more 1- haverhill, 1 - mildenhall and 1 in braintree. thats 8 now............................dont think anyone has come on from them though?????? :oops:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

give it time; i've been flyering loads and if only one of those converts into a new member then its been a worthwhile exercise. ;)
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Solid Blue Cavalier LS in Ipswich has been flyered!
cavalierclaire

Post by cavalierclaire »

i would be happy to distribute some flyers, i just need to get some ink in my printer. lol
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I've stuck a few out but from what i gather, it lead nowhere. Not giving up though.
For the first time ever, the other week i actually spoke to another cav owner down here in Poole, they were a nice couple in a burgundy LS and i told them about this club etc and the guy was really enthusiastic about joining but i havent seen them on here yet :?
I know there's more Cav owners like us out there, we just gotta find them.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

well i can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of flyering. in recent weeks, and especially since the vboa autojumble, there have been quite a few new members as a direct result of flyering. i guess the law of averages suggest that with that many cavs on the road only a minority will be interested in the club and so its just luck of the draw whether or not you get someone who is interested. i flyered loads at the vboa show and loads have since joined but then they're all enthusiasts, indicated by their attendance at the event, so i did think we might get a good response. but then a local guy is restoring a manta AND has a mint sri and i flyered his letterbox but no word yet. like i say, luck of the draw.

i'll be flyering en masse at billing again this year, but if anyone is going to PVS or any of the other car shows then please do flyer any cavs cos its this core cav owner, the ones going to the shows and showing an interest in their cars, that are going to be the guys that join

:)

oh and not just the ones on display either, get every one of 'em in the car park too :)
branny361

Post by branny361 »

flyered my first cav last week in the car park next door to work
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

branny361 wrote:flyered my first cav last week in the car park next door to work
your own doesnt count man! :lol: :lol: :lol:
branny361

Post by branny361 »

ilovemyelite wrote:
branny361 wrote:flyered my first cav last week in the car park next door to work
your own doesnt count man! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: trust you to read it like that , numpty !!

thats it now , if i find yours at any show this year your gonna get more flyers stuck on your cav than i can print :lol:
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

:lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Not seen any Cav's round here parked up of late :(
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Where do we get a copy of the flyers from?
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:Where do we get a copy of the flyers from?
Here chap!

8-) 8-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

branny361 wrote:thats it now , if i find yours at any show this year your gonna get more flyers stuck on your cav than i can print :lol:
hahahahahahaha!

i flyered the aa blokie the other night... he suggested he used to own a cav mk3, a red top gsi, and one of his mates had an sri. so out the flyers came again hehehe...
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

carlos_canter wrote:Dont think your sad for doing it, your raising awareness of the forum and inviting people to join, so what if people think your an anorak, chances are they either have a hobby which could be seen as sad by others or they sit on there arses all day.

Im 28 years old, i have a RC tamiya BMW M3 schnitzer (1991 origional release shell), Tamiya lunchbox, Tamiya RC truck and trailer (cost nigh on a £1000 with optional extra's) RC helicopter and a hovercraft. I also have around 200 - 300 diecast models of varying ages and have recently started collecting certain lego sets (tow truck etc). I can also sew pretty well and am a dab hand at cross stitch.

Now most chaps would agree that certain items are pretty interesting and reasonable. Others however think its sad that i collect toys, but when that collection in there boxes is worth £3000 - £4000+ im pretty sure id have the last laugh.

Its a hobby, wether its a full size cars or model cars, its personal choice and if it makes you happy, do it, theres no wrong or harm in it.

So carry on doing what your doing!
And old next door neighbour collected model buses. 500 + in cabinets around the house. Normal bloke to meet, but mad as a hatter in my opinion.

One man's hobby is another man's mental illness.

I have a 'mate' who spent 2K on a fishing rod. And when I asked how many fish he'd have to catch and eat to break even, he just didn't get my joke. Apparantly they have to put them back. Madness I say.
I used to have an allotment. When I add up the time and the value of the produce, and divide one by the other, I was working for about 5p an hour. I had to give it up as I kept getting warning letters from the allotment association.
phalinmegob

Post by phalinmegob »

i am 40 and have just got into making airfix type models, find it very relaxing but my kids think i am nuts..so if anyones got any send em here cos they aint cheap
brettscav

Post by brettscav »

still giving them out but dont think any have been on here yet......... any from Braintree and surrounding areas in essex suffolk.???????

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ive been dishing 'em out in various car parks etc. but i dont think there have been any takers of late. its fair enough, the cavalier has admirers and casual drivers who are lookin for a cheap ride in equal measure. but you never know when you're gonna get lucky hehe