38 bhp go kart

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
jacko-lah

38 bhp go kart

Post by jacko-lah »

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largep ... &current=1

I've just put a deposit down on this baby.

The Volvo S40 is now for sale, when sold the Cavalier will Be mine, and back at home my wife will have the Mx5 (and the mini when she needs 3 or 4 seats)

And when (and if) my son passes his test he can use this for impressing girls. Is the pink stripe a bit erm pink ?

Plans include Waxoil.
Squig

Re: 38 bhp go kart

Post by Squig »

Nice clean looking mini that mate... my advice either strip her down and coat her in many layers of waxoyl underneath and hamerite the floors and anywhere you can't see... or never let it get wet! They have serious tin worm issues!
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

nice work! good investment if its a solid one. 8-)
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

Squig wrote:Nice clean looking mini that mate... my advice either strip her down and coat her in many layers of waxoyl underneath and hamerite the floors and anywhere you can't see... or never let it get wet! They have serious tin worm issues!

That is the plan. I looked at 7 others and one man's mint is another man's Dog Turd
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

jacko-lah wrote:one man's mint is another man's Dog Turd
dog turd flavoured mints. now theres an idea for dragons den.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

you could put the poo through the hole in the middle.
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

jacko-lah wrote:
Squig wrote:Nice clean looking mini that mate... my advice either strip her down and coat her in many layers of waxoyl underneath and hamerite the floors and anywhere you can't see... or never let it get wet! They have serious tin worm issues!

That is the plan. I looked at 7 others and one man's mint is another man's Dog Turd
That WAS the plan. 10 minutes (apparently) before I arrived with a wad of cash, the wife drove it into a wall in the underground car park under their appartment. The damage didn't look too bad, and he tried to persuade me that he'd have it fixed as soon as he could (wing, light, bumper) but I decided to cut my losses, and went to look at another 2, finally buying this after a trip to Bourneville (Home of Cadbury) on the train.

http://birmingham.gumtree.com/birmingha ... 51902.html

12.5 months MOT on it.

The first owner of the 9 cars I've met that actually knew anything at all about mini's.

Apart from colour, wheels and the stereo it's fairly standard.

Now I need - some original wiper arms and decent blades as it has 'chrome' ones which are SHIT. :roll:

I also need some brake discs as the test drive didn't point to it having warped discs, but braking at 60 on the M6 (hard) showed me. :roll:

Also I don't know why I didn't check but the heater fan doesn't work.

125 miles back home from Kings Norton in Brum to Formby, up the M6, M54, A41, M53, and through the Mersey tunnel, temperature stayed a 1/4 (as in half way between being in the middle and cold).

Wife has fallen in love with it, and I'm in the Cavalier this week.
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

Oh yes and the Volvo's gearbox (a renault unit) broke on the Motorway, so I did the decent thing and sold it to a breaker for the same as it cost me on 21st APRIL
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

cant argue with that at all.