Our Cav CD 2.0 8V

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
gidged500

Our Cav CD 2.0 8V

Post by gidged500 »

Hi guys, im new to the forum used it a few times but nothing major. Me and my dad will be using this forum as we have just got another cavalier, it is my dads i have 3 corsas so spend most of my time with them but do tinker with the cav.
When i first registered to this forum we had a l reg cavalier 1.8 8v nothing special a maroon ls model that my dad got when it was 6 months old. then the time came for a newer car so the cav went to my nan. My nan used it for 2 years then became unable to drive and it sat for a further 2 years doing nothing. Eventually me and my dad went over one day to bring it back to life and with some fresh fuel and a new battery it started no problem! so after this we used it every day and it served us well until a few months ago when unfortunatley someone crashed into it and wrote it off :( all it needed was a wing headlight and bumper but it was deemed to be written off so unfortunatley went to vauxhall as a trade in for a brand new zafira. There is a silver lining to this story though as a few months later one of my dads friends said he was getting rid of his cavalier and asked if he wanted it. My dad said yes and we ended up with a mint/concourse cavalier cd 2.0 8v with 51412 miles on the clock from new ! it has all the extras such as electric mirrors, heated cloth seats, alloys and wipers on the headlights, now i know its not a cav turbo but it is in very very good condition so its worth a look ! . Thanks for reading this many thanks George

Here was the cavalier which is in Vauxhall heaven now unfortunatley these are the only pictures i have of it :,( and it had onlt done 88k :( sorry for the quality was taken on my phone

I do miss that car :(

Anyway onto the CD hopefully you will be impressed forgot to mention its and auto and has fsh ! :D

it has a few rust spots but nothing major

Also has a sunroof.
Just missing this ......

Thanks for looking George
planetc

Re: Our Cav CD 2.0 8V

Post by planetc »

Looks like it has a lot of potential. That could be one very tidy original car with a little tlc.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Gray16v

Post by Gray16v »

Sweet
terkin

Post by terkin »

tasty looking seats :thumb very nice
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Welcome to the forum! :wave

I have to say that's a lovely Cavalier. I have a soft spot for CDs and CDXs and I love the pre-facelift models with headlight wipers, they seem to suit the pre-facelift Cavaliers much better than the later ones.

Shame about your old Cavalier though. Similar damage happened to my Cavalier a few years ago (my Father ran into a Deer) and it was written off as well. Luckily I managed to save it.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Like this very much; there's something about the CD exterior trim that makes it look a bit more 'luxury' than many other editions. Nice find. How are you getting on with it?
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Thanks for all the positive comments and intrest ! havnt been on for a while as the cavalier is in hiberantion over the winter months.
Planning on giving it a really good detail when the weather perks up, also hoping to sort the minor rust aswell will be going to a bodyshop for a professional job. Apart from that me and my dad will be keepng it standard just need an electric mirror adjustor (might borrow one from my corsa) hoping to get the cav to some shows this year PVS is the main one, will you guys be having a stand as my dad is interested in showing this off.

Will be another update when its cleaned :) thanks for looking George
chris.h

Post by chris.h »

hello and welcome, thats a nice looking cavalier you have there
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

nice! a rembrant silver saloon, mines used to look just like that, even the black pin stripes :thumb
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Love them, as said plenty of potential.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Super89

Post by Super89 »

Very nice. Really like the pre-facelift Cavs :thumb
5853moore

Post by 5853moore »

Thats mint and am loving it.
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

thanks for all the positive comments guys :D
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Havnt updated this thread in a while, the cav has been put into storage for now, it did get used for 1000 miles.
So me and my dad went down to Bristol at the weekend and came back with this!

It's a diplomat model , 100k no rot ! All the usual cav rusting spots are 100% solid

Everything works aswell down to the wipers on the lights. The air bags on the back work aswell

James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I was thinking of getting that Diplomat. I'm glad it's gone to someone on the owners club though.

Look after it.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Looks quite tidy, nice fanblades on it too. Diplomats are getting rarer now so well worth keeping hold of...
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Thanks guys :) me and my dad are hoping to get one or both to some shows this week, black one needs a few bits but I'm on with sourcing the bits hoping to have a bit more of an update on Monday
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

I've started a thread for the diplomat now.

Came to start the gold cav today and it wouldn't even crank, the car thinks it's being stolen as when we put the booster pack on the battery the alarm set off !

Few attempts later with the same happening the horn stopped beeping. The car still wouldn't crank, I did notice when I turned the nye to crank there was a clicking from the passenger side, here's a vid hope it works ..

Parting shot

gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Found out what the fault was,
Because the batter had died and I unlocked only the drivers door then tried to start it, the car thought it was being stolen as the central locking had not worked. Which meant that it bypassed the central locking module and set off the anti theft alarm!

So after sitting for a good few months the trust cavalier fired up!

Unfortunately whilst it has been stored the headlining has sagged :(
Anyone know what the best way to put the headlong back on the roof is ?
Thanks in advance !
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Went over to the garage last night to get the cavalier all fired up and dusted off to use for a few months, put some fresh fuel in, and put the booster pack on and it fired up straight away !

Going to service it after work tonight and give it a wash and polish.

It's having
New air filter
New spark plugs
New oil
New oil filter

It's a light service just for now, going to change the brake fluid at some point this week aswell.

Apart from that it hasn't leaked any fluids at all whilst it's been sat :D

It's going to a car show/carnival this weekend I'll get some more details when my dad gets back to me.

Another update will be done tonight

gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

The cav will be at Westhead Carnival L40 6HR near Ormskirk
Starts 11 am lasts all day

On Saturday me and my dad will be there so if any local cav owners want to meet us or have a look at the CD feel free to come down
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Looks stunning!

We need to have a mini meet sometime. My CD is the long lost twin of this car; same year, same colour, same spec. The only difference is I have the lighter coloured interior to match the paint and no heated seats.
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

It hasn't been cleaned yet since it's come out of storage so next time you see it it should be even better !
I've just had a look at your cav cd and it is like you say near identical bar the interior, even the arch rust is similar haha

Unfortunately I'm in Lancashire so it would be a good distance to travel unless your going billing ?

Did a bit on the cav tonight, managed to clean the interior abit and service it.
Fitted new spark plugs
Oil
Oil filter
And an air filter
Some pics ...

Nasty old oil filter

New oil filter

I cleaned all the oil away off the car when the new filter was on

Mid service shot

The old oil :/

The bay

Needs a proper clean

Boot, there's a tiny bit of rust where there is a bung in the floor

Went down the the petrol station and saw this ! Bloke using it said it's the best car he's ever had 1.6 with 119,000 on the clock he was amazed at how little mileage our cavalier had done, good to see one still being used daily

Group shot (with my brothers mini)

The service has made a huge difference the cav starts better and accelerates much faster and smother, will be getting a good polish on Friday
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

gidged500 wrote: Unfortunately I'm in Lancashire so it would be a good distance to travel unless your going billing ?

I am indeed going to billing. I'll be with the Cavalier and Chevette club stand on the Saturday. :thumb
gidged500

Post by gidged500 »

Which cavalier are you bringing ?

So totay the CD had it's first outing for a while

I spent 2 1/2 cleaning and polishing it yesterday

At the show

Had a lot of positive comments and people admiring how clean of an example it was and how shocked they are at how old they are now !

On the way home

And one with my brothers mini

Thanks for looking