sri saved from scrap

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
ag51bye

sri saved from scrap

Post by ag51bye »

This is copyed from MIG so i applogise its over a year in 1 hit. But i thought i`d share here as iv been logging on here a bit now.

I brought this cavalier sri a year ago by complete chance from a lady down the road after i learnt it was going to be scrapped due to it smoking badly under load. i had a look around it and with zero rust anywhere, low milage and only 2 previous owners i thort it was worth saving. i had all but written the engine off thinking it needed rings or maybe something more serious. But as it turned out she had over filled the oil by about 2 litres! i did oil and filter change and it ran as good as gold! does`nt even tap from cold! in 20k miles in the last 12 months i have not had 1 problem! not only that but its also alot faster than my freinds stripped out tigra and corsa redtops which considering its a late engine with a cat we all struggled to work out. wish i was this lucky with everything!

some pics when i brought it

it was`nt in bad nick but it was in need of some TLC. The car had been used as a dog walking car for the last few years so the interior was covered in dog hair and bite marks but the major problem was that the car was flamepink! So i got my mate round who owns a valet company. The pics really don`t do it justice, the difference was night and day.

After i had it all cleaned up, i was unsure od what to do with it as i was`nt in need of a car i had my astra GTE track car and my clio 182 road car. So i thort i would flog it on and try and make a bit of cash. BIG MISTAKE! my phone would not stop ringing with the biggest spastics asking if i would sell it for �50 or if i could get 150mph out of it. In the end the final straw was a guy that turned up an hour late and said that the car used to be white and it has had a respray in red. I explained to him it was the excess polish from where it had been mopped. he would not listen and then offered me �200!! i took the car off sale sold my clio (sold in a day with no problems) and treated it to some speedlines off ebay and some new proxie rubber

however with are great roads in england these did`nt last long!

so these were sold on!

So thats been the last 12 months of ownership and as it stands today is back on its fan blades.

however as its done me so well over the last 12 months i have decided to go an a bit of a spending spree.

i just won this on ebay.

got it for 250 with an apprent blown engine. but since getting it home i can find no fault with it. (i must be lucky with these cavaliers). but my real interest in it is it has 3 month old Gmax 60mm shocks and springs, an un ripped seat, and trim with out teeth marks!! so all in all after i have weighed it in and sold the wheels hopefully il have some free suspension.

my plans for this week include
fitting the new suspension
getting my new wheels
blacking out the headlights
bigger brakes of some description
more troble free motoring!

Its been a busy week!! stripped the scrap cav of anything worth saving, this included a brand new standard exhaust and all new wishbones which was a bonus.
Then i set about completeing mine, i fitted all new black gear and handbrake gators with red sticthing, which i must say are a really good fit for the price.
Then i split the headlights open and sprayed them black, not to everyones taste i know but im going for a bit of a red and black theme.
Which leads me on to my next purchase, a set of pro race 3`s. i loved these wheels for a long time! gives you compomotive looks but for a 1/4 of the price. they came with Nangkangs though, even though they are new they need to go! they don`t scrub even with the drop so im happy about that as i thought that may be a problem.
Lastly after swapping the drivers seat over and all the trim i decided on some v6 brakes, i got the calipers, uprated discs and pads for 50 quid so i can`t complain.

heres some pics of as it stands

Time for a update, a small up date, but an update non the less.
well the cavaliers been performing faultlessly as always. However a truck coming down a single track road with 7.5 weight limit resulted in some 50mph curb contact and has left the suspension a bit bent.
I was doing about 70mph so im to blame really. So at the moment its looks like this with the steering wheel strait.

So i have ordered a new wish bone, track rod end and track rod arm.
The good news is the wheel did`nt come into any harm, not sure how. But fingers crossed i hav`nt bent the shock and hub.

Other then bending it i fitted the compulsury calibra gauges and wired them up. I am just waiting on a oil pressure sender.

ag51bye

Re: sri saved from scrap

Post by ag51bye »

Lastly i wasted an hour fitting a Lotus Carlton steering wheel

Then taking it off as the horn was`nt compatable and then i discovered the cowling would not go back on due to the wheel being closer to the dials.

also had to take the dials back out to put the airbag light bulb back in.

you live and learn.

Not sure whats next, just what ever i break or comes up cheap!
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

The only thread here with no replys. . . . . . .not to people's taste than I assume!
steven240374

Post by steven240374 »

Only just noticed your thread lol Looks gorgeous i like the red and black theme :thumb What size are the wheels as they look cool too
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

never seen this lol

as above the black wheels looks great on red car :)
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
terkin

Post by terkin »

very cool :thumb lotus wheel looks shite anyway :lol:
cavaliersri130

Post by cavaliersri130 »

Ooooo I like I like my fave colours red and black :lol:
She does look good m8 very nice.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Once driven forever smitten , The car of the future today.
gazza1701-a

Post by gazza1701-a »

Very nice mate, I blacked my lights and indicators a fews weeks ago, still not sure if I like them or not .
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Very nice fella :thumb
[center]Image
[/center]
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

Cheers guys! Just thought it was abit odd there was no replys.

Well bought a few things but still waiting for them to arrive.

Cruise control set up.
Turbo rear lights and panel.
Cool louvred bonnet(only 5 vents on each side so still looks subtle)
Electric sunroof.

Just trying to bring it upto date as I was thinking of replacing it for a 05 onwards 3 series, but I figured as it stands this fits my needs and means I can spend 10k elsewhere! Also been toying with the idea do a v6 but no so sure. . . .
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

steven240374 wrote:Only just noticed your thread lol Looks gorgeous i like the red and black theme :thumb What size are the wheels as they look cool too
Wheels are 17", they fit very well! No scrubbing and no arch gap at the front!
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Looks a really nice tidy cav. What's ur overall plans with it
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
planetc

Post by planetc »

Does look nice, always been a fan of red and black.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

Not sure really, I don't even need the car I already have a transit work van and a 1976 Opel manta with a Nissan 200sx engine in as a toy! Since I've got the transit it just sits there really. I've been toying with the idea of a v6, but other than that just upgrade what comes up cheap and replace what needs doing.
This week it's getting all the red plastics sprayed, sump gasket and decat. But other than that no future plans for the moment at least!
terkin

Post by terkin »

thats not entirely true is it u must plan to fit what you bought off me :p
steven240374

Post by steven240374 »

terkin wrote:thats not entirely true is it u must plan to fit what you bought off me :p

OOO thats sounds mysterious do tell :lol:
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

Very true! I also have cruise control and the electric sunroof to fit.
I tried on the black rear panel and turbo lights, however there not to my taste as these have been tinted and look to boy racer for me.

I took the plunge with the v6 and have bought this http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sa ... A3300.html

Not sure what I will need to make it fit other than a v6 rev counter and some rad hoses. I'm sure you guys will know though!
ag51bye

Post by ag51bye »

Need some help guys! As mentioned before I'm changes from c20xe to c25xe.

What am I going to need? I'm guessing at the below but if more/ less is needed it would be good to know.

V6 clocks for rev counter
Header tank as mines on the other side?
Engine mount?
Power steering pipes?

Other than that just bolt up to the f20 and off I go?

Any help would be appreciated!
littleG

Post by littleG »

Do you still have the c20xe engine? :D
GOD DAMN ECOWRECK!!