Cavalier SRI

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
walker-nova

Cavalier SRI

Post by walker-nova »

Thought I would throw up some pictures of my cavalier sri had it for about 8 years now and it has changed a lot of time from differnt engines now to what I hope will be my last major change i ll the the pictures explain beter

First picture off it when I got it home many years ago now!
Image[/URL]

The big end bearings in ecotec started to knock so c20xe was only way to go!

That didn't last to long before got my hands on and c20let and mim raffinos big enough spec drive for about 2 years then got bored and had eye on new project
Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

C20let ended up in this

Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]

So that's up to date for last couple months have been converting to 5 stud and building fresh front end bilstein b8s etc and building a c25xe with 3 litre came and stainless manifolds and stainless system alson vectra b half lether

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

I have the engine in and running but no pictures as yet I am waiting on few parts coming so will update in due time hopefully finish exhaust off at the weekend and get my silicone intake pipe fitted
Cavalier342

Re: Cavalier SRI

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave

I like the Cavalier project. Not a fan of the 5 spoke alloys though, I like the fanblades :thumb Not a fan of the van either, but each to their own at the end of the day :thumb

I've got a V6 myself at the moment, great engines. A couple of other members here are converting theirs to 3 liter lumps as well I believe.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

I loved the mims to be honest old school rim but wanted to run omega elites so 5 stud made sense
Van is just build for a bit of fun yeah was thinking bout 3.0 but with the mods I have done the 2.5 should be enough especially with me running xe flywheel and f18 gearbox
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's the first thing they said to me here when I got my V6, get a light flywheel and F28, but I thought sod that, I like it how it is. Way I see it, is if the traction control has a stroke when I boot it in second on a wet road with the standard box and flywheel, then what the hell is it going to be like modded? No thanks, I like it how it is! :D
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
leigh200sx

Post by leigh200sx »

love this cav..and those mims look the nuts on a cav, 1 question though, why take a well sorted let out and put a v6 in? you boosting the v6
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

To be honest was thinking about selling it so took let out as its high spec and lot of money tied up in engine but fell across the v6 and got interest back into it again think it will make a nice daily driver
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Nice looking cav best colour for a sri like mine :thumb
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Loving the look of this, have to admit it looks the nuts on the MIM Raffinos....

Really do suit the Cavalier but hey the rims you going to fit look awesome on the Cavs too..
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

Cheers hoping the elites look well away getting painted finally got my roose induction hose so hopefully fit it and finish exhaust off tomorrow hen ready for mot
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

Well got it ready for mot gave it a wash and fitted turbo rims untill elites come back from painter still have to get turbo lights fitted and light panel painted and fitted

leigh200sx

Post by leigh200sx »

have you kept the oz`s
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Very nice. Whats it go like with the v6 in it ? 8-)
K343 RRL 1992 SRi 8v SEH - RIP
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

Haven't really had it out yet have been busy but will hopefully get few wee touches done at the weekend and get mot booked
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

Few new pictures when the sun decided to pop out for a day looks fresh for 21 year old motor that still hasn't seen polish this year!! Going to collect my elite wheels this weekend so will fire few pictures up when get them

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Love that! 8-)
Markb

Post by Markb »

Love Cavalier SRi's in Nautilus and the Turbo rims just suit it :)
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
Ads

Post by Ads »

Stunning
walker-nova

Post by walker-nova »

Unfortunately this might be for sale soon