PVS 2008

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

Cavyman_130

Re: PVS 2008

Post by Cavyman_130 »

anoyone got poles? just set up 2 car with the banner inbetween them.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Banner looks fantastic Tim, can't thank you enough for that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
depends where we are tbh if we're on concrete using tent poles would be awaste of time :lol:
Wish i knew where the ruddy stand was, ive looked through the PV site plan but nowts listed as to stand letters :roll:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

tape the attachments to the cars :lol:

I thought it was all grass down at PVS? concrete would be so much better, I hate being on the grass, ok if its hot and dry though 8-)
Paul

Post by Paul »

CavMK3OC stand is located on the tarmac on the paddock side of the strip. :mrgreen:
L reg Cav V6 in Lagoon Blue - will be kept and turned back to shape!
L reg Frontera 2.0i 8v in Flame Red - weekend Green Laning toy..

ɯnɹoɟ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ɯoɹɟ slɥʇ ǝloʇs l
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

near the slip for the strip then if we are there, will be a bit of a walk to the trade areas tho as last year they were on the entrance side. The paddock side has a small shop etc and is quite a large area.

Google Earth has an ariel view of the Pod on one of its race days :D

http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=946 ... 95955&z=17
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

HAIRIBO wrote:Banner looks well! I like the cream leather too, suits the Diamond black.
sorry mate she is grey metalic / pearlescent. banner can be put on two poles above gazzebo got that one sorted.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

TARMAC ! opps the gazeebo has 4 feet so will have to bring me cordless so we can screw it down . have got some concrete screws which wind into concrete. if we are on hardstanding. or can tie it down to cars all round .
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

this a good spot we have then?

anyone bringing a barby with them for cheapo food? :D
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Ive got a huge bag of cable ties as a backup incase we just need to attach it to a couple of cars.

We're bringing a disposable one, if everyone brings one (couple of quid from asda or where ever) we can all use each others etc and make life easier
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Gaz wrote:Ive got a huge bag of cable ties as a backup incase we just need to attach it to a couple of cars.

We're bringing a disposable one, if everyone brings one (couple of quid from asda or where ever) we can all use each others etc and make life easier
A disposable car? from asda?. Is there anything Mr Walmart dosnt sell!

Are we just going to meet in the campsite, and hope we can all get parked next to each other? It gets a bit hecktick down there after noon.
C30XE
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

think he meant barby dave :mrgreen:
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

picked up gazebo tonight its big. 3m by 9m or 10ft x 20ft . got sides and its a pop up type. its brand new and white . its for my gala day with lions international. it was only 77 quid. and we raise about 3 grand on the day. for local needs.
back to pvs, i will be up sat afternoon are we meeting outside or going in . how does the camping bit work there. tim
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

well guys I wont be there till the sunday, cav is all ready now, leave for the trip down early doors tomorrow morning :D

looking forward to meeting everyone
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Right as ive no idea what happens as its my first PV im gonna leave my mobile number here i suspect we will be down there mid afternoon, a convoy of my mates and who ever is coming to sandbach services on the m6 (southbound) jct 16/17 11:30

From what i gather you have gotta claim your own camping area, If everyone can bring a chair makes life easier.
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

PM SENT GAZ SEE YOU THERE.tim
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Well when I was there last, there are a couple of feilds, and ppl just park up and pitch a tent. Festivel style. Tho they do tend to leave a gap around the site for cars to travel. So When I was their with my mates, (about 5 cars) we just found a spot near the boundary fence and parked the cars in a semi circle and set up the tents in the middle. A lot of clubs had a gazebo set up in the middle of there group of cars, They'll be loads of blokes in there 40's trying to relive their youth, I remember an old blokes MR2 parked up with massive subs blasting out the Crazy frog tune on repeat til the early hours of the morn. Loads of southerners playing rav loadly. and car engines poping and dump vavles pishhing. I can get a bit mental espec with ppl drinking all day lol. But never seen any bother and its all light hearted fun, with lots of people just walking around the campsite checking out cars. There's anything from Spotless Mag features, to Rusty old BarryBoy specials. We'll have to corner TV mag's blokes on sunday and see if they'll mention us in the mag and hopefully get more surport.I doubt we'll ever be as big as VVOC as there are less cavs about these days. But would be nice to get more ppl and go to most the shows and have a good stand. There is a Rolling road near me, if anyone fancies a rolling road shoot out in the northeast. V=sport, was there today and the guy that runs it said there has been a TV day there before. He'll be down there this weekend, with his throttle bodied carsa.

Well I'll hopefully see you lot on the afternnon, as i have to get a new set of valves fitted to my wheels. as the locking caps have seized on and they need pumping up.
C30XE
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

Ive taken your number Gaz so if i have any problesm ill let you know

see you lot tomorrow :D
keke

Post by keke »

Hi Guys, thought i would just say thankyou for a great weekend and we think you are all great.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Good to meet you and the family mate, shame you didn't beat the 14.70 how many goes did you have in the end?

Glad you enjoyed it i hope everyone did.
keke

Post by keke »

I just had the 3 goes but will take it to another run wot ya brung at santa pod soon.
Squig

Post by Squig »

Hey all, got back at 7:30 ish but had to do some running around didn't get in til 10:45... cheers emma and I had a fantastic time looking forward to the next get together.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

what you reckon on a trip to billing squiggy? emma mentioned it, go down for the day and if any other members wanna meet up be a bloody laugh, and brill for parts :mrgreen:
Squig

Post by Squig »

Posted a thread in events forum
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome