PVS 2008

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

FoxyCav

PVS 2008

Post by FoxyCav »

Right folks, i would like us to have a Club stand at PVS this year but need to source interest about who would like to attend with the Club.

Can you please put your name down, underneath and if enough people are willing to attend will get in touch with relevant peeps regarding having a stand. :mrgreen:

1. FoxyCav
Squig

Re: PVS 2008

Post by Squig »

1. FoxyCav
2. El Squiggoth + girlfriend (hopefully with the new addition, if there's room for 2)
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

1. FoxyCav
2. El Squiggoth + girlfriend (hopefully with the new addition, if there's room for 2)
3. dave's cavy (put your name down on the list Dave as i know you want to go on the stand)

More the merrier Squig :mrgreen:
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

Thanks Anita
phunkymonkey

Post by phunkymonkey »

im defo going to be there, just dont know if ill have a cav!! closest i have is a veccy!!
naughty monkey!!!
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

phunkymonkey wrote:im defo going to be there, just dont know if ill have a cav!! closest i have is a veccy!!
we can always disguise it as a cavalier Steve :P

just put your name down , we might let you on the stand if your good :P :P :lol: :mrgreen:
himselfunknown

Post by himselfunknown »

phunkymonkey wrote:im defo going to be there, just dont know if ill have a cav!! closest i have is a veccy!!
You can borrow one of mine if you like?!!! :lol:
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

ye am defo up 4 that. have you got ne dates and where is it guna b?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Can i just ask why NONE of the moderators have put there names down???
Being a moderator on the forum means you have to make MORE of an effort than the members, not just sit back and let everyone else attend things. I know some of you have had problems and some don't have cavs *cough Steve :P * but it isnt an excuse to laze back and let everyone else put the effort in. Come on get your names down on the list
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

Oi I only found out the dates the other night when i asked thats why my names isnt down, I should be able to make the 8th June, its close to my holiday though but should have funds available.
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

1. FoxyCav
3. dave's cavy (put your name down on the list Dave as i know you want to go on the stand)
4. Cavyman_130 + Girlfriend
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Iwasnt singling people out Craig, there are 4 mods and not one have them had put there name down. TBH i'm getting a bit pissed off with it, seem to be struggling on my own to get peoples enthusiasm up yet no one wants to make an effort. Gaz runs the site side of things so he's working his ass off as well. Sometimes wonder why i bloody bother and just shut the site down
Squig

Post by Squig »

FoxyCav wrote:Iwasnt singling people out Craig, there are 4 mods and not one have them had put there name down. TBH i'm getting a bit pissed off with it, seem to be struggling on my own to get peoples enthusiasm up yet no one wants to make an effort. Gaz runs the site side of things so he's working his ass off as well. Sometimes wonder why i bloody bother and just shut the site down
Don't do that, I'll be bringing both Cav's probably so that will fill some space on the club stand... the V6 has a little ding on the rear quarter but I'll artfully lean... all day... can someone bring me coffee? :lol:

How do we get tickets if we're on a stand, is it the normal way or do we have to group get specific ones?

Personally I'd pull out all stops to make an appearance cos PVS will be one of the best way to get new members

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Cheers Squig your an angel. TBh i was bloody fuming at the lack of response from the moderators when we organise things. Cavyman ALWAYS puts himself out to help the club. But sometimes i feel like im banging my head against a wall. Its only for members like you and him and a few others that i realise if people put the effort in the club would take off more. I'm sure it will happen once we start getting ourselves noticed.

On another note, i'm warning the mods who are NOT on the list now, if you dont put your name down or PM ME (not gaz) with a valid reason that you cannot attend, your moderator status will be revoked and given to someone who is more willing to be more active in the Club. I'm sorry to be harsh, but this is my dream and my idea but YOUR club, i want it to work, and i can't afford to have people on board who don't want to see it succeed

I've been in contact with PVS regarding tickets etc, they will be getting back to me tomorrow morning regarding allocation, i'm only applying for 8 or 10 cars, so it's first come first served.
i know it will pick up once we get more active, and i'm working hard for that to happen.Thing i dont think everyone realises is gaz runs the website and any probs it may have, but i'm in charge of the organising etc so it pisses me off when some dont seem to give a crap. I Know this club can be a success, i wouldnt have started it if i didnt. as you say we just need to get more noticed. I thank ALL the true enthusiasts of the MK3 cavalier who have supported this club/site (especially our members from the start :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) and long may it continue with new owners of the Cav mk3. I just care passionately about this club and want it to succeed

ok im off my soapbox now :roll: :mrgreen:
anita
Squig

Post by Squig »

right now your rants over anita, breathe... in... then out... in... out...

Doesn't that feel better :D

Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

I agree with you Anita, it is frustrating with the lack of response from members etc. but with the show season coming in I will be attending a lot of shows up here in Scotland so I will make sure our club starts getting noticed, I have hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of leaflets in the house and Cav so they will be getting plastered about and there will be plenty on show at the show so word will get out.

If everyone put there self out there and made even a slight effort the results would be amazing, the club does have potential and I will back it through and through. Gaz and Anita have done a brilliant job so far, its time we give them something back for their hardwork. :)
Squig

Post by Squig »

can anyone send me a copy of the leaflet to me email so I can post them about manchester

FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Squigiletto sure Gaz has some at his on his computer, if not get him to download you some, or i'll send you some out if hes busy picking his nose (post free if its to promote club) just need an addy hun :mrgreen:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Thats all we have at the mo, havn't made a new design in a while
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

squig mad ethat design anyway :P :P

bet your still picking your nose anyway. ewwwwwwwwwwwww
seen some bloke doing that in his car the other day, totally oblivious............imagine seeing him in a club later lmao...sorry waffling again :mrgreen:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

FoxyCav wrote:Can i just ask why NONE of the moderators have put there names down???
Being a moderator on the forum means you have to make MORE of an effort than the members, not just sit back and let everyone else attend things. I know some of you have had problems and some don't have cavs *cough Steve :P * but it isnt an excuse to laze back and let everyone else put the effort in. Come on get your names down on the list
It's a hell of a hike (says the man who drives 428 miles for sound proofing), plus my cav isn't show ready as yet.

If I get the arches done when I hope to, and the pain work is done, then I may consider it.

Pencil me in :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Ive been going to car shows many a year, i used to be my car has to be of a good standard to go, but some of the shit that you see at these shows is amazing filler everywhere and no paint etc, as long as its cleaned its not going to look out of place anywhere, not all cars at car shows are show cars.

Bring it down if its only on the sunday
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Envoy CDX wrote:
FoxyCav wrote:Can i just ask why NONE of the moderators have put there names down???
It's a hell of a hike (says the man who drives 428 miles for sound proofing), plus my cav isn't show ready as yet.

If I get the arches done when I hope to, and the pain work is done, then I may consider it.

Pencil me in :)
Hun i wasn't aiming it at you, ok thing by the fact now that 2 of the mods have gone and been replaced has told you who i was annoyed at. If your struggling to get down to PVS Gary DO NOT Worry about it. I know your situation and you still contribute more than alot of members with the how 2's etc.

dont panic hun :mrgreen:
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I've just seen this Thread, i was at a garage today discussing having the new engine fitted, and on my way back home thought that I'd like to go down pod this year. But the people that i went down with in 2004 and 2005 don't go anymore. I car all done by then but I'm guessing all 8 cars n the stand will be taken by the time my car is back on the road. is anybody else thinking of going down from the northeast? I'd love to take it on the strip. but want to run the engine in a bit before i thrash it. its costing a fortune, just spent £50 on bottom end blots lol. (I got the complete 3lite block off ebay for £50)

Just A thought, but it would be good if all the club members parked up together on the campsite on the Saturday. (You might get photo's in Total Vaux)
C30XE