Simply Vauxhall, Beaulieu, Sunday 27th July 2014

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

humbucker
Club Admin

Simply Vauxhall, Beaulieu, Sunday 27th July 2014

Post by humbucker »

Come to Beaulieu in your Vauxhall on Sunday 27 July for the second 'Simply Vauxhall' – a gathering of Vauxhall cars of all shapes and sizes.

Featuring a cavalcade and display on the Main Arena of a number of cars chosen from all rally entrants - one of these selected cars will be the winner of the People's Choice Award. The competition is open to all owners of Vauxhall's taking part in the rally and will take place at approximately 2.00pm on the day of the event.

As well as the display of Vauxhalls, the Band of the Royal Yeomanry will be performing at intervals during the day to entertain car owners and visitors.

Adult £10.00
Child £5.00

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-even ... y-vauxhall
Mikebmth

Re: Simply Vauxhall, Beaulieu, Sunday 27th July 2014

Post by Mikebmth »

A load of us from the "Southern" Region went this year and not a bad day out but needs more people to show up this year as felt quiet
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Not quiet from our end as this was arguably the biggest turn out from CavMk3OC - be great to have a similar number for 2014.
A fair few groups and individuals turned up, only 1 sales stand and there was lots of room to wander about and take your time, definitely not packed like other shows. I actually preferred it this way but then I do enjoy a cup of tea and sit down in the afternoon!

Relive those memories! This year's photos for those that missed them:
http://www.davekirwinphotography.co.uk/p420504954
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Rage

Post by Rage »

possibly be there for this one was quite expensive and long day out in the end with fuel, entrance, food etc
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I'm going again. Was a massive turnout on our part last time, don't know what Mike's on about :lol: Hopefully the V6 will be in show worthy condition this time round....
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:don't know what Mike's on about :lol:
Not on about Cavmk3oc turnout you muppet....The show in general, lack of interest from the public etc really as the Beaulieu car park was rammed when I left but very few people around in the show area....
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's because nobody appreciates the real Vauxhalls, everyone stood around the poxy over-powered gocarts. :roll:
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Rage

Post by Rage »

i ended up having to be let out i was the last car off the field lol made sure it was a full day out must remember to take my club plate off the front plate next time though only noticed after about an hour drive :no
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Rage wrote:i ended up having to be let out i was the last car off the field lol made sure it was a full day out must remember to take my club plate off the front plate next time though only noticed after about an hour drive :no

:lol: You weren't the only one, some old guy reminded me that I still had my show plate on as I was driving out of the field.... Only to be stopped again by a marshall in a high vis as there was a parade of cars going by :lol: Thank feck someone was awake that day! :lol:
Previous:

Pilky

Post by Pilky »

I will be going and my cav will look a bit different hopefully next year
corey

Post by corey »

Hi guys, I'm hoping to attend this year in my Gsi 4x4, I enjoyed last year it was a great relaxed day, was wondering if I'd be allowed to join you guys on your stand, I'd be willing to pay membership on the day etc,
Cliff
92 Gsi 4x4
91 Gsi 16v
90 Gsi 4x4
93 4x4 8v
90 4x4 8v
95 4x4 turbo (ex police)
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Hi Corey,

See the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13530

There is no membership so you'd be welcome to join us. It just costs £10 to get into Beaulieu. We are all meeting beforehand so we can convoy to beaulieu so we turn up together to ensure we get our space - see thread for details.

Dave
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

You're more than welcome to join us Cliff.

The more cars we have in our club, the better the chances of a massive stand.
Previous:

corey

Post by corey »

lowrider dave wrote:Hi Corey,

See the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13530

There is no membership so you'd be welcome to join us. It just costs £10 to get into Beaulieu. We are all meeting beforehand so we can convoy to beaulieu so we turn up together to ensure we get our space - see thread for details.

Dave
Thanks Dave I'll be there 100% been looking forward to this since last year
92 Gsi 4x4
91 Gsi 16v
90 Gsi 4x4
93 4x4 8v
90 4x4 8v
95 4x4 turbo (ex police)
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Be good to see you!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
corey

Post by corey »

Who's ready for Sunday ? Mine it's ready apart from a good clean and polish, looking forward to meeting you all early Sunday at the pub !!
92 Gsi 4x4
91 Gsi 16v
90 Gsi 4x4
93 4x4 8v
90 4x4 8v
95 4x4 turbo (ex police)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I still need to clean a few bits here and there but otherwise ready. But it's FAR from show condition.....
Previous:

DiplomaXE

Post by DiplomaXE »

Cavalier342 wrote:I still need to clean a few bits here and there but otherwise ready. But it's FAR from show condition.....
That sums up my daily driver too. needs a mega scrub before the day.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I have the time to do it, I just haven't got the flipping energy or motivation in this sodding Sahara season we seem to be stuck in :wall :wall Can't sleep, can't be outside for long, too hot to drive anywhere, it's beyond a joke....

But anyway enough moaning, I will bring a few spares to the event, if anyone needs them, I am open to reasonable offers as always, just a few generic spare parts that I'm clearing out. Won't post them here as it's not a for sale thread. :thumb
Previous:

DiplomaXE

Post by DiplomaXE »

Cavalier342 wrote:I have the time to do it, I just haven't got the flipping energy or motivation in this sodding Sahara season we seem to be stuck in :wall :wall Can't sleep, can't be outside for long, too hot to drive anywhere, it's beyond a joke....

But anyway enough moaning, I will bring a few spares to the event, if anyone needs them, I am open to reasonable offers as always, just a few generic spare parts that I'm clearing out. Won't post them here as it's not a for sale thread. :thumb
Vacuumed mine out just now and treated all the interior black bits, but stopped short at washing the Sahara dust off of it though and attempting to polish the poor thing, far to hot for that and there's 2 more commuting days to go to get it more dusty as yet.. It's had it's new wheel trims on for a week now, not managed to smash one into a kerb as yet though.

Now sitting in the lounge, all windows shut, with my standalone aircon plant roaring cold at me, although it's trying hard to chill the whole room. Look into getting one Andrei, their great, don't have to be expensive either. An exhaust vent hole through yur wall is a must though.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Thanks for the tip mate, but if you saw the size of my room and the amount of content in it, you'd physically see that there is no room to fit a fan let alone an air con unit :lol: Anyway camping in my hatchback tonight so it's nice and cool here.
Previous: