Will 2.0 tank fit 1.8 SPI

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
cavalier1990

Will 2.0 tank fit 1.8 SPI

Post by cavalier1990 »

Hi

I have a spare tank, which is quite new, out my old G plate 2.0 inj. wondering if that tank will fit the 1.8 single point injection M plate? I'm sure the 1.8 has the sender on the top under the seat but 2.0 had external pump with sender or pick up on the side. I'll need to check it again when can dig it out of storage but wondering if anyone knew off the bat here if it was at all possible to retro fit it?

Cheers

Andrew
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Will 2.0 tank fit 1.8 SPI

Post by Robsey »

As long as the 2.0 litre tank has the internal fuel pump, then yes it will work fine for the 1.8 injection.

Just read it properly...
Physically the tank will fit.
The fuel pump wiring would need to be extended and moved.
You may have an issue with fuel pressure...
2.0 litre MPi fuel pressure is normally about 3 x higher than that of the 1.8 Multec SPi.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Robsey wrote:As long as the 2.0 litre tank has the internal fuel pump, then yes it will work fine for the 1.8 injection.

Just read it properly...
2.0 litre MPi fuel pressure is normally about 3 x higher than that of the 1.8 Multec SPi.
The old tank didn't have internal pump so probably won't work without significant mods.

Thanks

C
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

cavalier1990 wrote:
Robsey wrote:As long as the 2.0 litre tank has the internal fuel pump, then yes it will work fine for the 1.8 injection.

Just read it properly...
The old tank didn't have internal pump so probably won't work without significant mods.

Thanks

C
However, those tanks sell rather well. Drop Hairibo on here a message, he was looking for one I think.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index