Vauxhall Green Parts

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Telegram Sam

Vauxhall Green Parts

Post by Telegram Sam »

Can I ask for any member's experience with or knowledge of this supplier of Vauxhall spares. The proprietor is Keith May in Barton-le-Clay near Bedford.
I am still waiting after 6 weeks for a refund of the cost of a wrongly supplied and returned part "less 25% restocking charge". All attempts to enquire about the fate of my refund by phone (mobile) and email have met with silence and realistically I suspect nothing will happen without the intervention of the Small Claims Court. Has this company gone bust? Thanks.
[Previously I suggested that VGP's should be added to the Club's list of approved suppliers. Not one of my brightest ideas]
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Vauxhall Green Parts

Post by Robsey »

I have bought from them before with no problems whatsoever.

The website is still up and running, so I presume they are still in business.

Hmmm - does seem strange though that they are bogging you about.
and they can't use the excuse of being away on holiday...
most people returned to normal service in early September.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

My thoughts entirely. I think they had an "open day" earlier this month which makes it all the more surprising that everything appears to have clamped up since before then.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

An open day? I doubt it. I've been to their premises and there's no way they'd have an open day. They were in attendance at the Vauxhall Heritage Centre's open day on the 5th. Is that the event that you're thinking of?

I've had plenty of dealings with Keith over the years, including plenty of parts purchasing (not to mention features that I've written about his cars for Total Vauxhall and Retro Cars magazines!). He is a no-nonsense kinda guy, always happy to help etc. I wouldn't have posted his services in the 'recommended traders' section otherwise.

When you say 'wrongly supplied', do you mean that you ordered the wrong part, or do you mean that you ordered correctly but received the wrong part? If the latter, then I'm surprised that you're being charged 25% restocking fee. Indeed, if that's the case, then I would have thought that was illegal.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

The "controversy" arose as a result of a misunderstanding over the correct part number after I had made my original requirement clear from the outset, something which I would have expected Keith as the parts expert to have picked up. Whatever the rights and wrongs the part was returned, he quoted the 25% restocking charge, since when nowt and no response to communications. This would tie in with Vauxhall Green Parts going bust which I had been hoping to check out before taking further action. In addition to flagging up a warning sign to other forum members.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I don't think VGP can go bust as it's not a going concern as such. Acquiring and selling genuine new old stuck is more of a sideline to Keith. He's an electrical contractor by trade iirc. Where did you hear that it he had shut up shop, so to speak?
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

No more than intuition and guesswork. If there's a total extended news / response blackout from someone in "the trade" then there aren't very many other explanations that I can think of!
vauxhallnutter

Post by vauxhallnutter »

If you like I have a contact within the vboa who may be able to help as they help Keith out at events. I will send off an email in a sec as I have a query for them from a member if my club
Mark
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club - the friendly club
http://www.vodc.co.uk
VBOA Members
vauxhallnutter

Post by vauxhallnutter »

vauxhallnutter wrote:If you like I have a contact within the vboa who may be able to help as they help Keith out at events. I will send off an email in a sec as I have a query for them from a member if my club
I have sent an e-mail off to my contact so we will see what I get back.
Mark
VBOA Members
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Would be most appreciated. Last night I was going through the motions of taking out the Small Claims Court summons but will hold off to see if your contact can shed any light.
vauxhallnutter

Post by vauxhallnutter »

Telegram Sam wrote:Would be most appreciated. Last night I was going through the motions of taking out the Small Claims Court summons but will hold off to see if your contact can shed any light.
Nothing as yet but its still early days, I will keep you posted.
Mark
VBOA Members
vauxhallnutter

Post by vauxhallnutter »

I e-mailed the VBOA Chairman about this and he tried the mobile number on the website and the owners wife answered the phone, she did say that her husband now does 2 days a week at the heritage centre which i think means that she is now doing more.

All I can suggest is try phoning the mobile number at different times of the day until you get through, also try forwarding any e-mails sent.

On the few occasions that I have contacted them they have always got back to me eventually but having said that this isnt the first time I have heard of people having trouble getting hold of them so there perhaps is a problem in there somewhere.

I have had more feedback on them since I sent the e-mail from my own forum so I will send off another one and see if it can be looked into further.

Meanwhile 'Telegram Sam' I will send you a message as I have something for you that is not for the public forum.
Mark
VBOA Members