Wrexham beakers closing soon with 2 full Cavs etc

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Metallicav

Wrexham beakers closing soon with 2 full Cavs etc

Post by Metallicav »

Yesterday while in Wrexham I thought I'd check a breakers yard to see if they had a cav, although they didn't I was told a about a breakers that might have one I went there to find that the yard was filled with mostly old Jaguars (70s, 80s) with loads of probably rare bits on them and 2 Cav hatches, a blue GLS with a grey interior and a red Ls with a fully black interior in what seemed to be near mint condition, I think they were both 1.8's, so a great place to go for parts before all the cars get crushed in a couple of months,

There is also what is a near rust free not scrapped (sorn) genuine 23k miles 1.6 gls vauxhall Belmont on a d reg that they only want £250 for, i was guaranteed it was running when parked up a few years ago, inner wings are solid and interiors all there although is a dent in the passenger side wing and needs a fuel tank. The only reason I left it there was because I can't afford to buy it or store it and believe me it was hard to walk away. There is also a container full of lights there including a few rear lights for nova's. Also grills and lights for classic cars, let other people know as it would be a massive shame for a full yard of rare parts to all be crushed.
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
vauxtillidie

Re: Wrexham beakers closing soon with 2 full Cavs etc

Post by vauxtillidie »

do you know any other decent breakers near us that have some later stuff eg mk4 astra corsa etc i know its not what your after but i really struggle for parts over here

im in flintshire too btw holywell
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

vauxtillidie wrote:do you know any other decent breakers near us that have some later stuff eg mk4 astra corsa etc i know its not what your after but i really struggle for parts over here

im in flintshire too btw holywell
Oh cool I'm in ewloe, there are a couple by me that usually have a few mk4 Astra era cars there's Jacksons breakers in ewloe and one that I can't remember the name of on the a55 which usually has better prices but less cars that also usually have a few in, I'll find out more details about both tomorrow and post them up eg postcodes :thumb

vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Cheers! someone mentioned the one in queensferry is that you mean by the one off a55? mite go have a nosy at weekend

do jacksons let you in to have a nosy about?
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

vauxtillidie wrote:Cheers! someone mentioned the one in queensferry is that you mean by the one off a55? mite go have a nosy at weekend

do jacksons let you in to have a nosy about?
Yeah that sounds like the one, you can get to it by coming from Chester way to queensferry it's about less than a mile before you get to the roundabout by Asda and there's a sign on the fence where the entrance is. Jacksons do let you nosy about just tell them what cars your looking for and they'll tell you if they've got any in and let you have a look about in the yard, Jacksons details are in the yellow pages :thumb

Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Sorry about the confusion about the A55 I forgot that it changes to the a4??

vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Yeh it's the a494 but I knew what you meant! Will have a nosy at them both soon thanks