Rad Fans

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

joe cavalier sri

Rad Fans

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Hi been looking at uprated alloy rads and was wondering what type of fan to use as it has to be the one that strapt'd to the rad and through it if you get me ? :scratch
Could I use twin fans to give me better cooling when stood in traffic ? cheers joe :thumb
Hayward691

Re: Rad Fans

Post by Hayward691 »

You can put what ever fans you can fit if you really want...
Knew a guy who done a twin Subaru fan conversion on his pug...
Looked pretty good but that was about the only gain... Trial and error really...
But as long as it gets cool air quick it should be good...

I'm sure someone will come along with the science behind it all...
Lol
Ads

Post by Ads »

I am fitting a bigger turbo etc and one of the consequences was it will interfere with the standard fan, ive bought 2 x 7" slim line fans to but onto my alloy rad, i have not done it yet, but the fans are easy to fit with the fixing kits provided, and the fans can push or pull the air, so can be fitted to front or back of the rad, Ads
DiplomaXE

Post by DiplomaXE »

has your car got the extra fan mounting shroud bit in front of the rad, off to the drivers side a bit?
if so you could run a wide Air-con style rad if you haven't got that one already, with the other auxiliary fan as well as the std alloy framed one, that gives you a cheap but big rad and fans that cover all the area.
Have both in stock if you need them. Can bring to the spares day if you are going.
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

Hi lads cheers for advice I thought I best ask b4 I spend my money at end of month lol no my Cav don't have the extra fan section at front I was looking at the fans that strap through the rad I wanted two as nosl cooling fans and one on front of rad on a switch so when sat in heavy traffic I can switch it on to help cool it quicker cheers
Ads

Post by Ads »

joe cavalier sri wrote:Hi lads cheers for advice I thought I best ask b4 I spend my money at end of month lol no my Cav don't have the extra fan section at front I was looking at the fans that strap through the rad I wanted two as nosl cooling fans and one on front of rad on a switch so when sat in heavy traffic I can switch it on to help cool it quicker cheers
that the fans i have bought, only 7" so no problems fitting onto rad, they also strap through the fins on the core section of the rad, my fan is also connested to a switch inside, as you say ideal if stuck in traffic. Ads
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Same here. My Turbo has a TX Autosport alloy radiator with a manual override switch in the cabin to enable fan activation. It's using the stock fan assembly, but a slimline fan (or two) would undoubtedly save weight while de-cluttering the engine bay.