Headlght warning buzzer

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

jimzzr

Headlght warning buzzer

Post by jimzzr »

Hi,

I have a 1994 cavalier 1.7TD. As far as I can tell from the wiring diagram the warning buzzer is combined with a relay. My buzzer has stopped working. It's not the door switch so I'm guessing the relay.

Now my question is a) where is this buzzer/relay and b) how do I identify it when I see it - does anyone know the part no? I'm guessing it might be behind the drivers kick panel, but it would be nice to know in advance.

Thanks

Jim
Cavalier342

Re: Headlght warning buzzer

Post by Cavalier342 »

I know on my Cavaliers, it's just above the main fusebox, in the dashboard. Can't remember which one it is, but if the buzzer works, you can put your finger on it and feel it vibrating a bit. Yours doesn't obviously, but thats one way of telling, maybe if you know someone locally with a Cavalier, you can check?
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
jimzzr

Post by jimzzr »

Cavalier342 wrote:I know on my Cavaliers, it's just above the main fusebox, in the dashboard. Can't remember which one it is, but if the buzzer works, you can put your finger on it and feel it vibrating a bit. Yours doesn't obviously, but thats one way of telling, maybe if you know someone locally with a Cavalier, you can check?
You guys are quick!

Good to know its easy access. Getting bit a dark to go and play know mind.

Cheers

Jim
planetc

Post by planetc »

From memory, they have holes in the top of the casing, so should be easy to identify.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
jimzzr

Post by jimzzr »

planetc wrote:From memory, they have holes in the top of the casing, so should be easy to identify.
Well, just to update. Buzzer relay was fine. Problems is that the connection to the door switch has broken somewhere on it's somewhat circuitous route via the passenger side?.

Fixed by splicing in a wire to the door switch, but failed to find the actual fault.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

All good. :thumb
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I always fancied changing the buzzer for something more melodic or modern.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

lowrider dave wrote:I always fancied changing the buzzer for something more melodic or modern.
I don't mind the standard ones, but I've always loved the American "bong" style ones... Virtually all American made cars have them, and they sound awesome... turn on ignition... bong bong, open the door, bong bong, can listen to it all day.
Previous:

vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

jimzzr wrote:
planetc wrote:From memory, they have holes in the top of the casing, so should be easy to identify.
Well, just to update. Buzzer relay was fine. Problems is that the connection to the door switch has broken somewhere on it's somewhat circuitous route via the passenger side?.

Fixed by splicing in a wire to the door switch, but failed to find the actual fault.
it will probably be broke under the drivers seat i had this problem on a calibra once
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
planetc

Post by planetc »

I too have seen them broken under the drivers seat
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"