How hard is it to buy some bolts (first rant of the new foru

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Gaz

How hard is it to buy some bolts (first rant of the new foru

Post by Gaz »

I needed 12 cap head bolts m8x12mm but id make do with any length, so off i wanders to b&q.

Gets to b&q and its usual sunday afternoon chaos, beats a few old women doddering in the isles and gets to the fixings isle. Now this is one of the original b&q warehouses so its BIG and there is a massive half of one side of an isle of fixings, if i wanted a screw or a m6 bolts id be fine but a run of the mill cap head non.

So i dives on the motorway a couple of exits and goes to wicks, same setup, piss poor range of fixings, thinks its sun I'll try maplins, long shot but they aren't huge m12 bolts so i thought i might get lucky, nope no luck.

So decides to drop by my mates bodyshop on the off chance as he normally has boxes of random bolts i can raid, but being sunday hes closed and hes not there doing any of his projects..

Then a flash of inspiration, SCREWFIX, theres a trade counter about 5mins from the body shop, i nips round and eventually finds them in the catalogue, oh joy ive got to buy 50 bolts

There was no real purpose in this post other than venting anger of so called diy superstores not having the basic fixings.
phunkymonkey

Re: How hard is it to buy some bolts (first rant of the new foru

Post by phunkymonkey »

ahh the fun of big chain diy stores!!!

i have a place near me called group components, and they have all the fixings you will ever need and you can buy 1 or 100000!!!!
naughty monkey!!!
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

i have a big container of spare bolts, nuts and screws in the garage but theres never any in there i ever need :lol:
Last edited by k1ngy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
loving cavaliers since 1978
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

always fun :(
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index