Gone . . .

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Redorado

Gone . . .

Post by Redorado »

Well it looks like they've come back prepared this time, the cavaliers been towed off some point today while i was at work :evil:

just phoned the police so waiting for a call back
carlos_canter

Re: Gone . . .

Post by carlos_canter »

B*STARDS

Chances are, and i know you probably wont want to read this, she has either gone to the local scrappy, or will become a banger racer, is there any clubs near you? or do you know of any one who races them from your area?

Would be first place id look
"Redefining success since 1981"
Redorado

Post by Redorado »

aye thats pretty much what i thought, but they are going to have to replace the steering on it, as steering wheel was boken off about a month ago when someone broke into

also the throttle body is sat in the boot of my 306.

there's quite a few breakers around here based in farms and such so i shall be keeping a eye on ebay and the such. I'm hoping that they maybe on cctv as i live on a main road in a mini town centre type area in Leeds.
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Probably was Banger Racers. Reckon they should piss off and buy their own cars. Yours didnt have a windscreen did it?
Redorado

Post by Redorado »

It did , but it was cracked and needed replacing
Squig

Post by Squig »

can you pm me the details as I live near high-edge raceway and I have a friend who races I'll give him a shout to keep his eyes open
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

That sucks! :(

Hope they drove into a wall shortly afterwards (in the pickup thing I mean)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

bastards!
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

WTF, cheeky swines, i cant believe they just took your Cav. suppose the police where as useful as a chocolate fireguard as per usual :evil: :twisted:

id be absolutely devastated, i just cant get over that :evil:
Redorado

Post by Redorado »

Cheers Squig, that would be much appreciated what sort of information do you need ?
Squig

Post by Squig »

Redorado wrote:Cheers Squig, that would be much appreciated what sort of information do you need ?
PM me everything you have, original colour, vin number, chassis number whatever you have but PM me to keep it off the public boards.

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Redorado

Post by Redorado »

cool,i'll get what i can tonight when i get back in, thanks again

Mark.
andysri

Post by andysri »

i cant believe what i have just read! cheeky scroats. there has been a lot of dodgy looking stuff going on round here lately and i cant help worrying about the car over night. over the weekend i was in bed and i heard an alarm very similar to mine and i was up and out the door like a shot, thankfully turned out to be nothing.
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs
Squig

Post by Squig »

tell me about it, mine's on the drive behind another car surrounded by 4 ft fences so it's really hard to spot off the cuff when I'm at the girlfriend's but I still worry and have spent some sleepless nights worrying

FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

mine's on the road, its alarmed, immobilised and has a disklok on but i still worry as well. it either that outside or the Capri though, out of the 2 the Capris more vulnerable, and worth more money (not that that matters) . Ive spent whole nights before now, up and down when i hear noises outside, the dog must think im nuts :lol:
Robert-in-Notts

Post by Robert-in-Notts »

:o no way, sorry to hear this has happend.

everything has to be bolted to the floor now :wall

this is why my gsi is useually behind 2 cars, tho now its on its own on the drive :shock: tho saying that its so full of parts anyone would be lucky to move it anywhere,

hope you find your car an it gets sorted out .
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Really sorry to hear this happen :cry
Although this gives an idea. Why not make another topic relating security issues etc. I know that a lot of our members make their Cavs look beautiful and i thought why not share some security/safety tips? I'm sure it would come in handy to some. Apart from the basic stuff, deadlocks, alarms etc, if there any other good tips to share with everyone?
Andrei :wave
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

You would need to be careful though, as this is a public facing forum...scrotes have access to this site too remember!!!

I've had a mk2 cav stolen, another mk2 vandalised until it was only fit for scrap...fuel lines cut , my motorcycle stolen and dumped (thankfully no real damage) and lastly someone stole the wifes number plates in June.

I have my cars looking as plain as possible (Cav 3 and Vec C), and both are fitted with stop-locks and full immobilizer alarms.

Doesn't stop the vandals, but upto now, neither have been taken
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

point taken there buddy, but we have to tell our members somehow just in case. As long as everyone takes their own step, its good, and i was just insisting on advising on those steps :)
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Squig

Post by Squig »

I did a how2 concerning a non-thatcham immobilizer setup for a little added protection

jambo_sri130

Post by jambo_sri130 »

I was gutted enough when my motor got broken into and the head unit stolen but this is another level. Sorry to hear about this mate and I hope the folk who did it get found wrapped around a tree somewhere with hungry dogs chewing at their gonads. :twisted:
Sticking feathers up your arse does not make you a chicken!
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

I am so sorry to hear this too. It brings back memories of when I had the use of another cavvie and that got nicked! The police didn't want to bother about it at the time, however, a week later my daughter spotted it neatly parked at the side of the road as we went past in a taxi! :!: :!: We rang the police as they told us to and yet once again they didn't want to know! It needed petrol as I never left much in her due to nasty scrotes in my area :twisted:

What is the general opinion regarding wheel clamps on top of all the other security added? I am now worried as my lass is parked either on the front lawn (as we speak) or on the road (when she is taxed). I have had some gypsy type people going to neighbours and trying to take her away :evil: :!: This all happened last year and they would also come and knock on my door too! :(

What I would like to do those thieving little **************** is just not printable. I hope you have some luck in getting her back! :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

id get a disclock, ive had one since i first got my nova and its def the best deterrent there is, if they break in to it they know they aren't going to get it moving, even if they get it started.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=disk ... 86.c0.m359

this one, i know they arnt cheap but cheaper than replacing a car.
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

sorry to hear this mate im gutted for you :cry , iv always liked the idea of having a hidden kill switch in the car but have no idea of how to do it, all i have on mine is a alarm its quite sensative but i still worry about the car
loving cavaliers since 1978