My car

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

cavagsi

My car

Post by cavagsi »

Hello all not been on the forums for a while cut a long story short I gave my car to a lad over on cav crazy when it was up and running,I was desperate the bottom was a tea bag and he agreed to to store and repair it once I had funds for him to do so, this was over 4 years ago I'm in contact with him but had literaly every excuse in the book to get it back!!
What I'm after is the garage address,if any of you know this the car is so called on the back of a recovery truck here with a engine that now so called won't start!
I've been promised it back for nearly 2years to no avail!
His name is Paul Davies aka diddygsi

I didn't want to throw posts up asking but I feel I've come to the end of trying everything possible to get my car back:(
TurboDan

Re: My car

Post by TurboDan »

Diddygsi lives round manchester area somewhere i know that. Ive bumped into him at car boot sales round here and he also came to view my turbo once when it was forsale. Also seen him in his cav turbo when he had one in tesco petrol station in stockport.

So yeah met him a few times but havent a clue where he lives lol.
cavagsi

Post by cavagsi »

Tbh mate I'm not interested where he lives I just want the address of the garage he worked at,he
Tells
Me no longer works there and has opened up a new place in Wales,I trusted him as he came across genuine and still does sound genuine it's just that when you add up everything I've been told over te last few years there's obviously something a miss I've had everything from mice chewing through my wiring loom to him falling in a pit breaking his collar bone etc etc I think enough is enough now ,I honestly didn't want to
Post this but I'm just not getting nothing from him I ask constantly for the address or a phone number to one of the lads who work there so I can arrange for it to be picked up but nothing.....!
Opel Vaux

Post by Opel Vaux »

hi mate ,
as above its DiddyGsi AKA Paul who at the time came highly recommended as it was me who suggested him to you it was his own business by the way .
last saw him at PVS around two years ago when he was admin on a club called Euro Vaux if I remember rightly .
I will ask around and see if I can find out where he is these days
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

I don't think this is the best way to try and get someone's attention.
Do you know the name of the business? Do you have things agreed in writing? Where did you last leave it? Is it still there?

I'm a bit confused that you would willingly leave a vehicle with someone you didn't really know.
What work was agreed? Was a figure agreed also? What was the storage agreement?
Has any money changed hands?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
cavagsi

Post by cavagsi »

Car has been found sat on his dad's front,
Never been touched,totaly rotted after being promised the earth,I have spoke to him this morning and totaly lost it tbh.
There was no agreed terms other than I was told it would be stored for a couple of month and the work would be carried out I have him £300 and got replacement front suspension etc.it was about trust who I thought was a genuine man turned out to be a horrible little .......
Regards attention. This is not the case it was about being desperate!!!
I guess you learn from your mistakes

The car is back and I will make sure everything is back how it should be gonna take a little time,but she will become
One of the best out there.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

cavagsi wrote:Car has been found sat on his dad's front,
Never been touched,totaly rotted after being promised the earth,I have spoke to him this morning and totaly lost it tbh.
There was no agreed terms other than I was told it would be stored for a couple of month and the work would be carried out I have him £300 and got replacement front suspension etc.it was about trust who I thought was a genuine man turned out to be a horrible little .......
Regards attention. This is not the case it was about being desperate!!!
I guess you learn from your mistakes

The car is back and I will make sure everything is back how it should be gonna take a little time,but she will become
One of the best out there.
It sounds as though your experience will drive you to restore the car to its former glory... and beyond! I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience, but I'm glad that you finally got the car back and can begin to move on. Get a project thread up in the Work In Progress section :)
Opel Vaux

Post by Opel Vaux »

Glad we found it Mate , gutted its in such a bad state but i know it will make you more determined to restore her as she should have always been . just shows there are some trusting people out there worth there word and also some proper Snakes who continue to lie to cover previous lies . i look forward to seeing her get the treatment she deserves and also seeing her finished.
cavagsi

Post by cavagsi »

Well after seeing the car yesterday after work I can tell you with no shame I became a little upset the car is totaly rotten I took the interior carpets the lot out and what I found was the floor pan has gone front and rear foot wells arches have gone sills are non existent chassis legs gone boot panels a gonna so is the boot floor front inner wings slam panel the lot door has been bent back all locking mechanisms have seized cream cloth interior which was once mint is now black with mold,brakes are seized suspension gone,I can go on trust me,I've seen better cars in the scrappy ,been told by a mate it's gonna cost 2Gs for parts alone don't know what to
Do......
cavagsi

Post by cavagsi »

Didn't want to write this but here goes,if any of you guys can help
Me in any way such as pointing me
In the direction of parts for
Sale across other forums or even a donate anything I might need so
Much as side
Skirt clips any thing it will be totaly appreciated I feel I'm just gonna need that extra help as this may be to
Much of a task to
Take on:(