Who's ripped their tax discs off then?

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Cavalier342

Who's ripped their tax discs off then?

Post by Cavalier342 »

I bet some of us have :lol: Mine came off on the 1st lol. Well.... when I say off.. I kind of tried. Forgot that ages ago I superglued the holder on my auto... :wall :wall Kicked myself for that in the bollocks real hard.

The one on my V6, I presume someone else did it as it didn't want to come off.. :roll: So I just removed the discs themselves for the hell of it :lol:

The good thing is if I ever get a new windscreen, I wouldn't have to fiddle with another disc holder :thumb
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Cavalier342

Re: Who's ripped their tax discs off then?

Post by Cavalier342 »

:lol: Might do that actually, I have some old ones somewhere..
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Might put a beer mat in mine.
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

I got rid of the tax disc holder on the TD about a month ago but that's only due to it being SORN :lol:
With the L I've got the original dealership tax disc holder, might get it back into reasonable condition and put the oldest tax disk I've got in it from 2000 I think? When I was 4.... :shock:
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
Rage

Post by Rage »

mines still there as a reminder for myself more than anything plus I paid for that bit of paper so I'm going to get the full use out of it
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

I think you still have to display the disk they send you
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Nope, the discs do not have to be displayed. But tax still has to be paid.
Previous:

HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

You still have to display. The old one til it runs out. Just New ones issued after the 1st aren't On paper
C30XE
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's not what I've read.

There is no legal requirement to display the discs any more as of the 1st. At least that's what they said on the news...
Previous:

iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hang on a minute, the government has properly fudgery up there!!!! So if you buy another car, you have to tax it immediately!!! So no more buying and driving off like it always has been? That's ridiculous!!! Insurance I can understand but road tax??? That's the most stupid thing I've heard. Basically buyers will lose out on this... Which means sellers will have to lower the selling price to accomodate that. Again, thank you Mr. Government, for purposely ruining the private car trade market!!
Previous:

Markb

Post by Markb »

Not yet as the Cav will not be really going far until the new year now.

I will before the new show season though, although I do like the idea of putting a replica 1994 tax disc in :)
1994 Polar Sea Blue Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - Total Vauxhall cover car (Jan 2015 / Issue 170)
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Cavalier342 wrote:Hang on a minute, the government has properly effing up there!!!! So if you buy another car, you have to tax it immediately!!! So no more buying and driving off like it always has been? That's ridiculous!!! Insurance I can understand but road tax??? That's the most stupid thing I've heard. Basically buyers will lose out on this... Which means sellers will have to lower the selling price to accomodate that. Again, thank you Mr. Government, for purposely ruining the private car trade market!!
yep this also means that dvla will make more money if a car is sold mid month as the seller loses a month and so does the buyer.

Also found out that they are charging £25 extra for paying by direct debit
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall
Previous:

btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

The whole thing is a scandle we are robbed blind.
What annoys me is these 0 emmision cars, nothing is 0 emmision, if it requires plugging in to a socket the sodding power station has to supply more demand so requires more fuel.
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Yes. Electricity has to be generated somehow, it doesn't grow on trees!
Previous:

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Tax disc came out on the 1st. Holder came out last night.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Just looked on ebay at "tax disc holder",
35000 hits.who is buying these things now?
Rage

Post by Rage »

is the mot rules going to change so the car fails with the holder in the window? previously that was the only thing you could have in the windscreen
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Rage wrote:is the mot rules going to change so the car fails with the holder in the window? previously that was the only thing you could have in the windscreen
Rearview mirror? :lol:
Previous:

DiplomaXE

Post by DiplomaXE »

As we understand it at work,

when the seller sells, if they have paid up front (12 or 6 months (seemingly now 100% and 50% of the cost) no premium for 6 months worth) they will get back any whole months on a prorata basis as we always did, get nothing back if they have used the new month by month (with a 5% premium by the way, not 10% as before) direct debit system, as it will cease when the seller sends off the signed and dated V5, and about time too! - I have been waiting for years for the easy way to have say 3 or 4 months tax over the summer without having to send the disc off registered post well before the end of the calendar month because you just know it get it will lost again by the local PO, eventually get a note back saying it's sorned, wait a month, sometimes 3 weeks though when they are being uber efficient, it varies, then finally get a frigging cheque back from then that needs a special trip to the bank to pay in, when I paid them electronically by debit card in the first instance, cheque cashes just in time to want to use the car again anyway.

The new owner will be liable for RFL straight away and damn right too! thus catching out people like the thieving pikey scum who buy a car, leave a false address and drive it maybe taxed to start with then not taxed, without changing details and evading ANPR cameras, or doing a bunk when the cops pull them, hopefully minimising the amount of cars "in limbo" between owners.

We all agree losing the disc is a crap idea as we love them as a visual reminder. The new process to buy the RFL is no problem, shame you dont get a disc though.
Now, when one of the aforementioned turds of society leaves a rusty piece of crap outside my house blocking my drive with no disc in it, I will be forced to get all modern and smartphoney and get on my app on an overloaded website to find out how long the tax has been out of date for before I call the 5-0, as I haven't got an ANPR camera as yet outside my house, just a normal one to catch the crapping dogs.

My discs are staying in, all four.
joe cavalier sri

DiplomaXE wrote:As we understand it at work,

when the seller sells, if they have paid up front (12 or 6 months (seemingly now 100% and 50% of the cost) no premium for 6 months worth) they will get back any whole months on a prorata basis as we always did, get nothing back if they have used the new month by month (with a 5% premium by the way, not 10% as before) direct debit system, as it will cease when the seller sends off the signed and dated V5, and about time too! - I have been waiting for years for the easy way to have say 3 or 4 months tax over the summer without having to send the disc off registered post well before the end of the calendar month because you just know it get it will lost again by the local PO, eventually get a note back saying it's sorned, wait a month, sometimes 3 weeks though when they are being uber efficient, it varies, then finally get a frigging cheque back from then that needs a special trip to the bank to pay in, when I paid them electronically by debit card in the first instance, cheque cashes just in time to want to use the car again anyway.

The new owner will be liable for RFL straight away and damn right too! thus catching out people like the thieving pikey scum who buy a car, leave a false address and drive it maybe taxed to start with then not taxed, without changing details and evading ANPR cameras, or doing a bunk when the cops pull them, hopefully minimising the amount of cars "in limbo" between owners.

We all agree losing the disc is a crap idea as we love them as a visual reminder. The new process to buy the RFL is no problem, shame you dont get a disc though.
Now, when one of the aforementioned turds of society leaves a rusty piece of crap outside my house blocking my drive with no disc in it, I will be forced to get all modern and smartphoney and get on my app on an overloaded website to find out how long the tax has been out of date for before I call the 5-0, as I haven't got an ANPR camera as yet outside my house, just a normal one to catch the crapping dogs.

My discs are staying in, all four.

I agree my new tax disk I got through for my corsa looks like a kid has scanned it on a scanner and printed it off its all a scam to save the government money but charge us the same as befor or more for less of a service im in favour of visual tax disks ill be cutting my fake tax disk out and putting it in my windscreen for every car I have and will own it reminds me a month or two befor plan ahead for my wages to add in the cost of my road tax
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

joe cavalier sri wrote: its all a scam to save the government money but charge us the same as before
They're not even charging the same as before. It's been going up by £5 every year since I started driving and this year is no exception.

I can't believe it's £230 now. I wouldn't mind if that money actually went into maintaining the roads but it doesn't.
joe cavalier sri

James McGrath wrote:
joe cavalier sri wrote: its all a scam to save the government money but charge us the same as before
They're not even charging the same as before. It's been going up by £5 every year since I started driving and this year is no exception.

I can't believe it's £230 now. I wouldn't mind if that money actually went into maintaining the roads but it doesn't.

agreed you need a 4x4 round my end with the pot holes and the patch work quilt of roads where they have filled in pot holes and another forms next to it buses and lorrys should pay a lot more in tax then they doo its them that do most of the damage round my end on the roads