Any plumbers here?

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

vauxtillidie

Any plumbers here?

Post by vauxtillidie »

Any plumbers on here? Trying to get the lid off the toilet cistern, there's no lid as such the whole back seems to lift off! Tried turning the buttons it moved a bit but now stopped removed the buttons there's no screw any suggestions
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Greig Sri

Re: Any plumbers here?

Post by Greig Sri »

Aye me!!! But not done much in the last few years. I moved over to gas engineering work. So dose your cistren have the flush button on the top? On some the button/s pull out and you find a screw fixing below the button. On others you unscrew the bit around the button to remove the button mechanism. That help. If not get a pic up.

greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
vauxtillidie

Re: Any plumbers here?

Post by vauxtillidie »

Yes it's the push button one.

I've figured that mine should unscrew however it seems to be stuck so I've found a replacement button and will break this one off then replace it

Thanks for the input
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)