Idea's for a photo shoot

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Cavalier342

Re: Idea's for a photo shoot

Post by Cavalier342 »

Let's start a thread in the Events & Meets guys, so we don't clog up this thread. I'm happy for next year, be something worth waiting for.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Good idea.. Will get one started :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Before we open the invitation to non-Cav owners (I think too many on-site would actually be detrimental to the original point of the meet and end up with a mini Traxx!) let's see what the damage is. I don't think the word 'race' should be used if you don't want the insurance company to go bananas (you don't even 'race' at the 'Pod!) but you can call it a gathering or something instead. Race = overturned cars = massive payout potential = they won't allow it.

See what the damage is, we can get an idea re numbers to attend and then work out when is best to do it. Will we be afforded part of the runway like at Bourn Airfield (the microlite club continue to use one end while the other is available to hire, but the majority of the airfield is out of bounds for obvious reasons)? I would have thought so as telling the Microliters that they can't use it for a day will probably be detrimental to your friend's continued income!
Ads

Post by Ads »

why dotr we organise a all cavalier meet, turbos, gsi, sri gl etc etc, like they was a few year back at billing, i think the meet was called The year of the cavalier, 30 yrs since its introduction, it was a 2 day event and it was a bloody good meet. something like that might be acheivable. Ads
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

humbucker wrote:Before we open the invitation to non-Cav owners (I think too many on-site would actually be detrimental to the original point of the meet and end up with a mini Traxx!) let's see what the damage is. I don't think the word 'race' should be used if you don't want the insurance company to go bananas (you don't even 'race' at the 'Pod!) but you can call it a gathering or something instead. Race = overturned cars = massive payout potential = they won't allow it.

See what the damage is, we can get an idea re numbers to attend and then work out when is best to do it. Will we be afforded part of the runway like at Bourn Airfield (the microlite club continue to use one end while the other is available to hire, but the majority of the airfield is out of bounds for obvious reasons)? I would have thought so as telling the Microliters that they can't use it for a day will probably be detrimental to your friend's continued income!
Yes, I agree with you.. Will find out a price before getting carried away, then progress from there..

The Microlite guys only use the airfield on odd weekends and odd week days, so I will find out weekend dates when its not in use...
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

This is getting out of hand already, cav's only at the moment can't see it being more than a tenner each if we get enough of us together. I thought the idea was to promote the club, but saying that can we get a volunteer to go up in one of the micro lights & take some pics ?
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

i agree it should stay cavs only imo
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavtastic™

Also, if it's CavMk3OC/CTOC only, then at least you know members will treat the place with respect. Let's consider it the basis of the 2014 national CavMk3OC meet and work out a good time to go (probably Spring/Summer I would have thought?).
CavNoirDip

Post by CavNoirDip »

Let's consider it the basis of the 2014 national CavMk3OC
Totally agree.
planetc

Post by planetc »

humbucker wrote:Cavtastic[TRADE MARK SIGN]

Also, if it's CavMk3OC/CTOC only, then at least you know members will treat the place with respect. Let's consider it the basis of the 2014 national CavMk3OC meet and work out a good time to go (probably Spring/Summer I would have thought?).
+1 Totally agree. It's a perfect opportunity to use as the basis of a national meet. I may well be Cavless by then, but I would be interested in attending a national meet. The feedback on this has been more positive than some of the local suggestions.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

iangsi wrote: can we get a volunteer to go up in one of the micro lights & take some pics ?

Now that is an awesome idea!!! Maybe I can rent one, I have basic flying experience. Could possibly look into that.
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
planetc

Post by planetc »

Cavalier342 wrote: I have basic flying experience.
You mean you can jump?
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

planetc wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote: I have basic flying experience.
You mean you can jump?
Higher than you can
Previous:

Ads

Post by Ads »

humbucker wrote:Cavtastic™

im up for that depending on location, the cav shouls be back out to play by then, Ads
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Also a good excuse to buy another cav to join in this meet! :D
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Ads wrote:
humbucker wrote:Cavtastic™

im up for that depending on location, the cav shouls be back out to play by then, Ads
Looking at the old RAF Deenethorpe ... Now in private hands.

More details early next week :)
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

NickSRi wrote:Looking at the old RAF Deenethorpe ... Now in private hands.

More details early next week :)

Any news on this yet nick ?
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

I'm afraid to say that his insurance company put a HUGE damper on it.. Even though I explained that it would be just a gathering..

His insurance representative, convinced Tim ( the owner) that even with disclaimers there will always be a liability to him, by allowing us to be there. Also he would not be able to charge a fee if no insurance was on place..

Tim's a nice guy, but he's very much a 'dot the i's, cross the t's fella... So due to his insurance 'scare mongering' him, its back to the drawing board...

I'm not going to be defeated though.. Looking at similar options, similar venues that are already geared up for what we have in mind...

Sorry for the initial let down...
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

you say he cant charge us?

what if we all donate money so in a way he is still getting money for us being there?

just an idea :thumb
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

So, if we gather there, his insurance will have an excess charge or what? Insurance for what? Buildings and perimeter fence? We'll only be on the runway. :scratch
Previous:

Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

It's the unfortunate way of the world now, fact is if he allowed us to go on there someone could sue him for tripping over their own feet and the ambulance chasers would happily pursue it.
His insurance company see only a large group of potential clumsy bastards so won't want it &
It's just too big a risk for an individual.
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

NickSRi wrote:I'm afraid to say that his insurance company put a HUGE damper on it.. Even though I explained that it would be just a gathering..

His insurance representative, convinced Tim ( the owner) that even with disclaimers there will always be a liability to him, by allowing us to be there. Also he would not be able to charge a fee if no insurance was on place..

Tim's a nice guy, but he's very much a 'dot the i's, cross the t's fella... So due to his insurance 'scare mongering' him, its back to the drawing board...

I'm not going to be defeated though.. Looking at similar options, similar venues that are already geared up for what we have in mind...

Sorry for the initial let down...
Could you not talk to his insurance rep & explain what we are trying to do, & that we won't be using the airfield as a drag strip.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Coming from a former police officer, I think it would sounds most convincing. It's a modern classic car owner's meet, so don't use words like drag strip, need for speed, etc :lol:

Basically in the same category as a car boot sale but no money will be exchanged.....
Previous:

NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Kevwaggy wrote:It's the unfortunate way of the world now, fact is if he allowed us to go on there someone could sue him for tripping over their own feet and the ambulance chasers would happily pursue it.
His insurance company see only a large group of potential clumsy bastards so won't want it &
It's just too big a risk for an individual.

Thanks for your idea's guys.. I will put them forward and see what comes out...

I fear though that the explanation above from KEVWAGGY might be hitting the nail on the head as far as reasons why we cant
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Fear not, we'll find an alternative venue. I'm not surprised re insurance issues, but we'll sort something.