Idea's for a photo shoot

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Idea's for a photo shot

Post by humbucker »

Depending on time date location and numbers I might be able to squeeze a club spotlight magazine feature out of this, but we would need a strong turn out of performance orientated Cavaliers. To achieve this I would suggest careful planning and perhaps putting it in the diary a few months in advance of its arrival, so that we have enough time for people to save the date in their diaries and so that we had ample time to get the message out.

First thing's first though, Nick can you ask your mate? If he has the runway open to microlites then there might be a public liability insurance question to be answered e.g. if someone has an accident then someone needs to be paying out etc and there is no way your car insurance will cover you for this haha!

Perhaps this could be our national meet, nice and central / Midlands, would be a good choice.

Let us know what he says and we'll go from there.
belmont_dazz

Post by belmont_dazz »

terkin wrote:1/4 drags!!!!! im buying a cav just for this!!

although id love taking on daz with my current car :D :D
Haha, I was just gunna say does mine count as a performance orientated cavalier but sounds like we have a race on our hands haha! :fight
Ill definatly be up for this, if we can make it a Sunday then its a definate yes from me. I hope we can get a good enough turnout, ive always wanted to be a part in a magazine feature! Ill even paint my wheels for the occasion :thumb
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

humbucker wrote:Depending on time date location and numbers I might be able to squeeze a club spotlight magazine feature out of this, but we would need a strong turn out of performance orientated Cavaliers. To achieve this I would suggest careful planning and perhaps putting it in the diary a few months in advance of its arrival, so that we have enough time for people to save the date in their diaries and so that we had ample time to get the message out.

First thing's first though, Nick can you ask your mate? If he has the runway open to microlites then there might be a public liability insurance question to be answered e.g. if someone has an accident then someone needs to be paying out etc and there is no way your car insurance will cover you for this haha!

Perhaps this could be our national meet, nice and central / Midlands, would be a good choice.

Let us know what he says and we'll go from there.

Will be calling round at the farm on Saturday to ask.. I know of him as I know a few of the 'micro lite' guys.. You could be right about insurance issues etc? Well no harm in enquiring..

If he wants a rental fee maybe we could all share the cost...

If he says no, then its we will look at another venue....
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Re: Idea's for a photo shoot

Post by Lowrider Dave »

You can but ask. Would be great to start organising something now so we had something definitive to work towards, as Dan says could become an article.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Ok guys... Called round today and him and his family are on holiday and away for a further week.

So I guess I will update next week.. Had a sneaky drive up the runway though, thinking of the fun to be had :lol:
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Great idea. Count me in!
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

were would this take place?
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Attachments
image.jpg
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

id be up for this :)
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

Also up for this!
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
Sim Dhillon

Post by Sim Dhillon »

Count me in
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

I'm gonna throw this out there; if laddo does get permission for this runway it would be an ideal spot/opportunity for the first official cavmk3oc national meet?
Worth investigating camping etc nearby
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye, bumhugger.. (sorry meant humbucker) did already mention that.

I think it's a great idea, Top Gear have their airfield, so why not we have our own to meet up at, etc.

Make it ideal to try out those "legal" modifications, or just massive national meets.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

Bumhooker was thinking about a magazine piece methinks, 2 birds 1 stone and all that

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Word
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Kevwaggy wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there; if laddo does get permission for this runway it would be an ideal spot/opportunity for the first official cavmk3oc national meet?
Worth investigating camping etc nearby
Ok, just had a conv on the phone with the fella... He cannot see any problems with this, however there will be a fee, he charges the Microlite club for its use and it would be unfair for us to simply 'use it' FOC (understandable). Monies received goes to the up keep of the airfield. I couldnt quite get how much it would be out of him, but he said it wont be much.. He will let me know once I can tell him how many people / cars etc are attending.

I will also need to know for how long we will use the airfield ? A few hours, an afternoon, all day ??

He also needs to contact his insurance company to see if there are any issues. If there are any races, time trails etc, that will be at our own risk!! We would have full use of the main runway and outer tracks.

I have agreed to meet him on Tuesday, so if we can all come up with numbers and times etc that will help me...

Nick
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

would there also be road side recovery ? :lol: :lol:

think my gsi will die going up the runway :( lead foot FTW :lol: :lol:
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

gsi pie wrote:would there also be road side recovery ? :lol: :lol:
hahaha .. Can see it now.. Cavaliers with Engines Cooked :lol: :lol: :lol:
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

we all know one or two are going to break down :lol: :lol:
terkin

Post by terkin »

ill be thier if im allowed :( if i am, one of the breakdowns for sure :lol:
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

:lol:
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

The Runway Drag Race might be a bad idea then...

We would need to lay on a coach, so we can all get home....Lol
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

good for rolling pics tho :)
Pilky

Post by Pilky »

Do you think we should let a couple more clubs join us i.e to help with money towards the runway.
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

Sure, thats an idea.. Will find out the fee first..

SO... I'm guessing this will be in June/ July next year

And numbers? Shall we start off a roll call of possibles?