Hello

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Metallicav

Hello

Post by Metallicav »

Hello I'm Elliot, I'm 17 and soon to pass my driving test, I currently have a Vw Polo to learn in but remembered about the Cavaliers that my brothers had and they just stuck out from other cars I've seen. Good looking cars that are be reliable when looked after and I've managed to get first refusal on a Satin Red N reg Ls saloon TD, just up the road from me when the owners move in a few months, the plan is to drive the polo for the first year after passing my test while getting the td as clean as I can if I manage to buy it and then try to get insured on the Cav. I'll probably have a few questions before and after I finally get to look over it.

Elliot
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Hello

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hello and welcome to the forum, you'll find all the help, advice and spare parts hard to find here, have a browse, see other people's threads, maybe for inspirations etc, but sounds like you've got a good plan lined up already. Coming from a small car, the Cavalier will feel heavy and long to drive at first, but easy to get used to and bloody comfortable on a cruise. Especially the heavier models.

You've got the right idea, keep the cheap runabout and build up your first year's no-claims, then move onto the bigger car. That's how it's done.

I'm guessing by your username that you're into Rock?

Andrei. :wave
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Yeah I am into my rock and metal Andrei, I picked my username as it was the only good one I could think of haha. I have been viewing the site for a while but only just decided to join up, I was unsure of joining up without yet owning a cavalier, but after about 9 months of being sure of wanting to own one I thought now would be the time to join :thumb .

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Metallicav wrote:Yeah I am into my rock and metal Andrei, I picked my username as it was the only good one I could think of haha. I have been viewing the site for a while but only just decided to join up, I was unsure of joining up without yet owning a cavalier, but after about 9 months of being sure of wanting to own one I thought now would be the time to join :thumb .
Well you've come to the right place!!!

I'm all about Deathcore, Thrash, Alternative, even partial to some Black metal in the evening to chill out to, basically if you ever hear a Cavalier cruise by with Suicide Silence blaring out, chances are, it's me :hair
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
chris.h

Post by chris.h »

hello and welcome
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

bonjour :mrgreen:
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Finally bought it :D the red TD Cav is coming home tomorrow, pictures and a WIP will follow shortly :D it's done 240k and has just had a new timing belt, water pump and thermostat, shortly after he had done those things the clutch started slipping, so he bought a mk4 astra and has now sold the cav to me for £240 :D

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Hello, good evening and welcome to cavmk3oc.com! :wave I recognise your name from my #irmscherMV6 Facebook page! Congrats on getting hold of your own Cavalier at long last, and kudos to you for the cool forum username, hehe! 8-)

Post some pics of your Cavalier in the showroom/work in progress section, whichever applies. Feel free to enter your location in your profile too (useful for local meet invitations or if you're after a helping hand from nearby members). Enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing more pics of your pride and joy :)
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

humbucker wrote:Hello, good evening and welcome to cavmk3oc.com! :wave I recognise your name from my #irmscherMV6 Facebook page! Congrats on getting hold of your own Cavalier at long last, and kudos to you for the cool forum username, hehe! 8-)
Cheers Dan and yeah it's me from your #irmscherMV6 page, good to see it being restored and upgraded with all of the extra options!

bigsilver

Post by bigsilver »

Hello n welcome,
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Nice work on securing a TD, they are getting rarer in decent condition but I am sure you'll find it not to expensive to insure as the companies still seem to have lower groupings for the diesel cars and with the right mods a TD cav can really shift.

Enjoy the forums :thumb
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Mikebmth wrote:I am sure you'll find it not to expensive to insure as the companies still seem to have lower groupings for the diesel cars and with the right mods a TD cav can really shift.
Yeah that's the reason I decided to go for a TD, from what I saw it seemed to work out roughly the same as a 1.6 to insure. Saloon TDs seem to be quite rare these days aswell.

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Metallicav wrote:
humbucker wrote:Hello, good evening and welcome to cavmk3oc.com! :wave I recognise your name from my #irmscherMV6 Facebook page! Congrats on getting hold of your own Cavalier at long last, and kudos to you for the cool forum username, hehe! 8-)
Cheers Dan and yeah it's me from your #irmscherMV6 page, good to see it being restored and upgraded with all of the extra options!
8-) ;)